Welcome to Polus

After days, we finally reach Polus' solar system. The ship was at ease. Sadly, no more Mr. Brown, Ms. Cyan, Blueberry, and the rest who died. Mr. Orange-I can't say much about-but Papa has been smiling slightly more since he was thrown off the ship. And when he is happy, I am happy, too.

Papa has kindly taken Daddy's place. He's doing well. He doesn't like to admit he spoils me a lot, even when the other crewmates point it out. But he's a great parent, especially when it comes to discipline, which I hate. A lot! So I try to stay on my best behavior.

"Polus!", I scream and jump as I stand in Navigation with Papa, Ms. Yellow, and Mr. Purple. Polus was the final planet of its solar system. The purple ground is covered with a thick blanket of icy white. And how I love that icy, white snow!

As we enter its atmosphere, a large research base sits on the surface. Several other people await our arrival. The ship lands, and I rush to the dropship as it falls open, touching the soft cushion.

Several astronauts crowd outside and welcome us.

"Hey fellas, welcome! Just coming from the HQ right?", say the one in the Silver suit. "For the project?"

"Yes," Mr. Purple responds.

"Good to have ya guys, here. It's quite a few of you, ain't it?"

"Ah, we had an imposter on the ship. Threw him off the ship just in time."

"Oh, wow. Sorry for your losses. We've been havin' the same issue. He lost at least 3 before all of you showed up. Haven't found that troublemaker yet. Keep your guard up."

"I understand."

Kiwi, Grape, and I roll around in the snow as they talk. It was extremely cold, but with our suits, we were warm. "Hahahahaha!"

"Ah, the pupils. Adorable as ever. We have a few also," says Silver. "Now, how about we all get everyone settled and we can go back to work?"

Everyone follows Silver inside. Papa picks me up by my collar and carries me inside. The main building was nice and warm, but the ship is cozier. We gather around in the office, and we all introduce ourselves to each other:

•Silver, leader. At least a decade older than everyone. Male.

•Magenta. Female.

•Peach, Female. Magenta's sister.

•Gold. Male. Looks like those cool, bad boy guys.

•Teal. Male. Their scientist.

•Blood Orange. They just call him "Cheeto". Male. He's funny.

•Olive, male.

Maroon, Male. He creeps me out for some reason.

•Periwinkle, Female.

•And Taupe. They call her "Coco".

And the kids:

•Mint(Teal), Boy

•Cherry(Maroon), Girl

•Taki(Cheeto) Boy

And then us:

•Purple

•Black.

•Green

•Yellow

•White

•And Me, Kiwi, and Grape.

Silver and Teal gives us a tour of the research base. It was incredibly big and easy to get lost.

"The one we're in is the main building, with the office and admin. It's pretty long and stretches a long way down. The other entrance is all the way on the other side. You can go through Specimen to get over there also," he says, pointing right. "The other building, Building 2, is where the electrical and O2 rooms are. Mostly the place you would go to when a malfunction happens. Between the building are little pod-like rooms. Weapons, storage, and Comms. If you ever get confused, we put up markers on the buildings and a color coder."

•Red, Building 1.

•Yellow, Building 2.

•Purple, storage

•Black, weapons.

•Green, Communications.

Mr. Teal adds on. "And a quick FYI, the bathrooms don't work that well. They get broken a lot."

"Just use the ones on the ship. They're fine," responds Mr. Purple.

"That's great, then!"

After the tour, he set us free. He was going to give us our tasks tomorrow. So, for the time being, we went back to playing in the snow. All of the kids joined in.

"Snowball fight!", Taki shouts, holding a snowball, then making Cherry his first target. "Taki!" She throws one back.

Grape and Kiwi were still being timid, so I gently splash some snow on their helmets to warm up to the game. They began to smile and join in.

We split into teams: Polus vs. Skeld. We didn't use forts; we'd just jump out of the way. The rules were whoever falls is out. To win, you have to knock down everyone. It was Polus who throws the first throw.

"Attack!", I shout, tuning myself to sound like a sergeant.

Balls of snow fly everywhere. I get a couple of times my Taki and Cherry, but I was able to get them back. Grape throws a ball and make Teal fall.

"Great shot!", I smile.

"Hehe...Thanks."

After several minutes, no one had fallen yet. Ms. Periwinkle calls us in for hot cocoa. Skeld takes the win since Teal fell.

Exhausted, we run in and warm up.