Night Out

(Black PoV)

Gold and Maroon has been stalking me all day, and it's becoming annoying. They really think I am intimidated by them, but this is just deja vu from Orange. Purple said I can secretly kill them if they are annoying, but I am going to lay off for now. But if I have to, I will. I am not afraid to get my hands dirty once again.

Anyway, I run into Gold in Building 1, passing with a smirk and giving me more of a reason to be upset. He slips me a note. Even when I didn't want to, I take it.

"Comms. Midnight."

Bad handwriting. I crumble it up in my fist. This was going to be a long stay on Polus.

Several hours later, I put Pinky to sleep and sit in the cafe until 11:30. My boring self actually leaves, meeting up with those two morons. They must not know that I am an imposter also. And I don't really don't want to tell them just for the fun of it. And for the fact it's none of their business.

"You pretty early..." They walk in. "What do you two want?"

"Ah, nothin'. Nothin' at all," Maroon grins. I scoff at him.

  "We just want to hang~" says Gold. "Just take it as Thank you for not snitchin'." He opens his arm to put his arm around, but I slide to the side, almost making him fall. "Don't touch me."

  "We know what you've been doing Black. Yellow is quite a blabber mouth, don't you know?~"

  "Why am I not surprised?"

  "You're an imposter, Black. So imposters stick together, man."

  "I have a kid to take care of."

  Maroon titters. "My guy, the kid's probably sleep by now. She's a-okay. Live life like a killer."

  "I have, and I am not starting again right now."

  I excuse myself and go back to the ship. I feel bad for the crew who deals with those two. "You're becoming soft, Black!" They shout, pulling out some beers. "Over a kid, really?"

I sigh, leaving those so-called "imposters". For murderers, they kill mighty slow. The whole trip we had, they've only killed three people. Brown and I took most of the ship. Then, Pinky comes along with me, so I'm on moderation for the time being. The only reason I am keeping my hands clean is so that Pinky's life doesn't take a miserable turn. The kid's been through enough already; she doesn't need more.

  Walking back into my pod, Pinky was still awake and looking highly concerned. "Where did you go, Papa?", she whispers. I shake my head. "Just went outside. Go back to sleep." I crawl in bed, and she lays on my chest. I end my night here.

_____________________________

(Pinky's PoV)

I stay with Papa the next day. He hasn't been very happy these days. Well, he always looks mean, but I know the differences. But he never likes to give me a proper answer, so I leave it alone.

He walk with me attached to his leg, as usual. We do our list of tasks. There are slightly more tasks here than our tasks living on the ship. He has been making weird turns here and there as if he's avoiding something.

  I believe Ms. Yellow and Mr. Gold are together now. They seem like a cute couple. I'll be so happy when they extend their relationship further.

  Once our tasks were done, Papa immediately goes back to the ship. "Hey Papa, can we..."

  "No," he says before I can even finish. "But..." "I said no...not today." He's being cold again. On the ship, a couple of people from the Polus team relax in the cafe. Mr. Cheeto, Ms. Peach, and Mr. Gold. I can hear Papa growling sternly under his helmet.

  Mr. Cheeto keeps snickering, preventing himself to burst into laughter. "Cheeto! Shh!", Peach giggles also. Papa didn't say anything, but Cheeto started talking. "I set up a little prank for Yellow. She had just made muffins." Peach shushes him as Yellow comes up from the left hall by Medbay.

She looks around. "...Where are the muffins?" Everyone shrugs their shoulder. She sighs, opening the fridge and freezer. There in the freezer were the fresh baked muffins.

  "Cover your ears," Papa whispers.

  I did so.

__________________________________________

  (Black's PoV)

  "WHO IN THE H*** PUT THE MUFFINS IN THE FREEZER?!"

  Cheeto shorts, laughing hysterically. The other two join in. Yellow was pissed, though she caught on to the joke. "I just baked those!"

"Sorry, hahaha! I had to take the chance!", Cheeto says, wiping tears from his eyes. Yellow sighs, heating the muffins back up in the oven for a bit. "Hey, Ms. Yellow. What kind of muffins did you make?", Pinky questions, uncovering her ears finally. "Chocolate chip," she replies.

"Ooh, I love chocolate!"

"Well, I guess we are to have to wait since Somebody!...froze my pasteries."

We have lunch as the muffins warm, then all of the crewmates enjoy them soon after.

_________________________________________
(Pinky's PoV)

  The crewmates had some fun in the cafe for the evening. I really wanted to play in the snow, but Papa kept saying no. Taki and Cherry are in the snow now, rolling around happily in the white fluff. I really want to be out there, too. Since it was my bedtime, Papa takes me back to his room.

  "Papa..." I whine.

  "No, Pinky."

  I start to sob pulling away from his arm, but it makes him angrier. "If I have to spank you, I will."

  "Hey, Black."

  Mr. Gold comes up from behind. "What do you want?", Papa says sternly. Mr. Gold shakes his hand. "Bruh, chill. We were just hangin' outside."

  "No, I don't want to join."

  "Cmon, let Pinky play in the snow for some time as the adults talk."

  I tug on his sleeve desperately, lightly hopping on my toes. "Please, Papa?" He grabs my hands with his other hand. "Not today." He walks off, letting one of my hands free. I use it to wave goodbye to Mr. Gold. He waves back before walking off.

  I sob more as we enter the room. Papa drops me on the top bunk. "Look at me," he sighs. He cups my cheeks with one hand. With another sniffle, we make eye-contact. "I'm protecting you. I know what's best for you. Some parts of my plan, you may not like, but it's for your own good. Understand?"

  I nod. He helps me wipe away my tears and settles me in bed.