Trapped In Glass

(Pinky's PoV)

  The next morning, I wake up alone. Papa is gone. I call for him, but I didn't get an answer. I put on my suit, and Lapis and I search for him.

  Walking through the ship, I meet some crewmates. "Hi, Mr. Purple!" He's sitting at the table, drinking coffee. He seemed tired. Also, Ms. Yellow would be here cooking breakfast. Where is she?

  "Oh, good morning, Pinky. You've recovered so quickly."

  "Haha, yeah! Have you seen Papa?", I ask him. He tenses up suddenly. "P-Perhaps, he's already gone...going tasks. He should be back some ti—"

  "No fair! I wanna do tasks too! Papa!" I dash out of the dropship.

  I race into the snow, running everywhere looking for Papa and going to every taskroom. He wasn't anywhere. I haven't checked the Specimen Room, but of course, Mr. Teal doesn't want us coming in and breaking things. Maybe if I am super careful, everything should be okay.

  Luckily, I find Mr. Teal outside. "Hi, Mr. Teal!" He seems upset, too. "Hello, Pinky. Good morning," he says. I ask him the same question, and he gives me the same reaction as Mr. Purple. But a different response. "Maybe he's...playing hide and seek? You're it, hehe..."

  I take his word, searching the entire base again. Still didn't find him. I take my chances, searching in the Specimen Room.

  I make my way to Building 1, walking into Decontamination to be disinfected and gaining access to the tunnel. "Papa?"

  I move deeper and make it to the room. "Papa!"

  But he's trapped inside a large, glass capsule. He looks asleep. His helmet is on, so I can't see his eyes well. "...Papa?"

  A big, needle-shaped thing comes from his back, striking the glass just as I step forward more. I quickly jump back.

  When was Papa able to do that? Wow. It's so cool!

  "I found you! You're it, now!", I giggle putting my hands on the glass. He hits the glass again, right at my face. "Amazing! Papa is awesome!"

  "Pinky?"

  Mr. Teal and Ms. White come in from behind, holding some documents. Now, he's more upset. I frown, too. "Oh...I'm sorry, Mr. Teal. I didn't mean to break your rules...but I found Papa. Haha, he got himself stuck in the glass, hahaha!"

  From his documents, he pulls out an Ipad. "Why don't you relax in Comms? You can a great connection to the Wi-Fi in there."

  "There's wifi on this planet?"

  "Heh, we've installed a wifi box. I rebooted it earlier, so it should be working nicely. Now go, play games, watch movies. Make yourself comfortable."

  I shrug my shoulders. "Ok, thank you! Will you help Papa out of the glass?"

  "When we find a way to get him out, I will inform you. It's about time for you to leave, now."

  "Ok.

  I take the Ipad and leave. Ms. White walks in and makes sure I settle in nicely. She lays fluffy blankets and a pillow on the floor. Then, she brings food and a yummy snack to eat. She leaves after, and I start my first movie.

__________________________________________
(Parasite Black PoV)

My body was so numb. I couldn't move my body. Through the glass, it sounded like faint talking. I take the helmet off to hear better.

"I don't know about this, White. I feel guilty enough having to lie to a pure, innocent child and keep her away from what's really going on! She probably just sees this all as a game!"

"Teal, calm down. I understand. We are just to figure out how to stop our friends from dying. And Black—whether he is strangely mutated or not—he's our friend. We need to find out what is causing all this."

"...You're right, I guess."

A human stands before me. "We want to help you, Black. Please work with us."

They ran so many scans through this trap within hours. All was annoying. I strike the glass again, causing them to jump.

"Mr. Teal! The battery died!"

  That kid comes walking in, Ipad in hand.

  "Hi, Papa!" She careless walks to the glass, placing her hands on it. "When did you get red eyes?", she giggles.

  Does she not care? What is wrong with her? Just so pure. But it tickles.

  "I found stickers! Look! Bend down!" Obeying, I sink down to her level. She places a sticker. "There, a daisy on your cheek!" I put my face to the glass, entertaining it for some reason.

  "U-Um, I think you should le—" Teal attempts to pick up the kid, but I hit the glass again. He jumps back. The kid pays no attention and focuses on me. Weird.

  This goes on for hours. All the kid would do is sit right there. Entertain herself. Always happy. Tic-tac-toe. Board games. Shadow puppets. She keeps herself busy.

Strange. Strange kid. I wanted to kill you, and you accompany me being locked behind glass.

  She naps against the wall. The other two left some time ago.

  I can't smell her scent very much through the glass. That sweet, delicious scent. I'd swallow her in a gulp if I could.

  She's completely vulnerable, but I can never get the strength to kill her unlike everyone else. Dumb kid.

  Why do I want to protect you? It's eating me up.