Strange

"Black~"

"Black, are you okay man?"

"Papa?"

"Hmm...Pinky?"

  I'm in Medbay on the ship. A few people are crowding around me. I thought I was dead for a second. Pinky is squirming in Teal's hands trying to get to me. She looks like she's been crying for a while.

  "Thank God you're alive! We thought you were done for!", White breathes a sigh of relief.

  White dims the lights so my eyes can adjust better. Pinky...still squirming.

  "How long have I been out?", I groan, rubbing my temples. "5 days," she says. "You've been stabbed in the neck and tore your suit, which means your oxygen could've leaked completely or a quick bleed to death. It's a miracle that you're even opening your eyes!"

  "Hmm..."

  "This is the second time you almost died, Black. Take care of yourself."

  "Safe to say, the first one isn't my fault."

I sit up in bed, groaning in pain. I was connected to a couple of machines again and my spacesuit tattered. "So, how long am I going to be like this?"

"A while to say the least. As I change your bandages, I'll be seeing how well you've healed."

"Ugh..."

"Hey, you're the one that got stabbed by the imposter—which is awfully shocking bec—"

"Just shut up."

That couldn't have the imposters that stabbed me. Maroon was nowhere to be seen. Gold was dead in that hole in the ground. Then, whatever—whoever—attacked me is gonna pay.

"Can yall leave, please? I need some alone time," I mutter.

"Oh, um. Of course." White collects some documents before heading out with Teal. "Drop the kid," I tell him. He obeys, walking out of Medbay with White, shutting the metal doors.

Pinky crawls up on the bed, laying by my side. "Papa..." I rub her helmet. "I'm fine, Pinky. Everything is okay, now."

This may just be traumatizing for her, seeing me like this. She whimpers, pressing her head against my chest. "...I love you, Papa. Don't die."

  "I won't, Pinky. Though I keep a promise like that. But I will be by your side for as long as I can."

  "..."

  She becomes more clingy, and a new wave of tears fall from her eyes. Her tears collect on the inside of her visor, so I take off her helmet. I hold her close as she pours out her emotions.

  ————————————————————————————————-
(Time skip)

That morning, Pinky goes off with Teal for the day and explore some stuff. Yellow comes to visit minutes later.

  "Hey Black, how are you feeling?"

  "Eh."

  "Typical you. Well, hope you get well. I'll make you cookies some time.

  "Yeah, ok."

  I almost had a heart attack when "he" peaks his head into the door. "Hey man! Hey babe!"

  "Oh, hey Gold!", Yellow says with a smile. I didn't want to make it obvious that I'm astonished he was here. But something is off. He was dead in that hole. I know it. What the hell is going on here? Was that a trap?

  "Ok Black. We'll leave you alone now to rest. Watch out for the imposters," she says, waving goodbye as she strolls out the doors, clinging onto "Gold".

  "Uhh...Yeah. You too."

  I am highly confused right now. Gold wouldn't—well he could've—stabbed me the other night. But he was dead, I even checked his pulse and stuff. No response.

  "Papa!"

  Here comes Pinky and Teal, walking in with—

"What is that?!"

  "Can we keep him, Papa?"

  "No!"

  They come in here with a blue, dog-looking creature with one eye. It barks at me, wagging its tail and its tongue hanging out its mouth.

  "Please? Please? Please?~"

  "No, no, no you may not! I'm not keeping that!"

  "It's not just you, it's me too!"

  "No!"

  Pinky and I quarrel about this weird dog, and Teal just sits there laughing. "Pinky! That thing is not leaving this planet!"

  "Yes, it is!"

  "Says who?"

  "I do! We can take care of it!"

  "Who is 'we'?!"

  "Me and you."

  "No! Final answer!"

This quarrel goes on for a good while. Until one of us gives out. Of course, it ends up being me. Pinky takes the win.

  ...We have a blue dog now.