Family Love

(Pinky's PoV)

The next day, Papa finally lets me have my time with the other kids. He leaves me with them, and we play in the snow as a group. "Haha, gotcha Cherry!"

  "Hey! Ugh! Taki!"

  Taki laughs as Cherry grumbles, creating a deformed snowball in her hands. Then, she throws it at him, knocking him visor-first into the snow. "I admit. That was good," he says.

  Kiwi and Grape have been finally warming up to people and talking more. Kiwi has a pretty voice and is really cool, too. As for Grape, he is just as similar.

  "Hey Mint, head's up!"

  "Wait, wha—"

  Taki knocks Mint on the helmet. "Whoa. Hehe."

  "Gotcha, Pinky!"

  "Ahh!"

  Grape attacks me this time. I get hit on the shoulder. I serve him one back.

  A good hour later, we relax. If I am not mistaken, Cherry has been acting like a brat today. Maybe she is having a bad day. A fight with Mr. Maroon possibly.

Or she is just that way sometimes.

A random conversation forms between all of us. "So what's do like this trip so far?", asks Grape.

Taki is first to jump up. "Adventure! Drama! Aliens!" He does dramatic poses for every word. "I don't have to go to school! I can stay with my Daddy all day." Cherry crosses her arms, full of herself.

"Heh, I just like going places with my family. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity," I smile, but it soon fades into a frown. "Daddy..."

Kiwi rubs my back, comforting me. "At least you have Mr. Black, now."

"Mr. Black scares me," says Grape twiddling his fingers. "He's so spooky and silent. And he seems really mean... N-No offense, Pinky!"

I shake my head. "I understand. He can be intimidating but he is nice when you get to know him."

Cherry comments, "How does he love you when he is constantly yelling at you and limiting your freedom? Doesn't sound like good parenting to me."

"What are you saying?"

She continues. "I'm saying that Mr. Black is pulling your leg." "That's not true!", I pout.

"Of course it is. When was the last time he ever hugged you?"

"He— I-I...Uhh..."

"Kisses?"

"Uhh...Hmm..."

Taki cuts in. "Shut up, Cherry. That is so rude!" "Yeah," adds Kiwi.

"Come on, at least pick you up and tell you 'I love you',"

I whimper, slowly falling defenseless. "I-I know Papa cares...He-He just..."

"Cherry, stop! You're being a bully!", says Grape, balling his fists into the snow.

Unable to withstand it, I run off, bawling behind a sturdy rock.

_____________________________________________
(Black's PoV)

I lean along the wall, bored out of my mind. Green and I had just got through chatting and walk off down the hall. I haven't checked on Pinky in a while, so it's about time to do that now.

I snag a drink from the cafe, then someone just starts tugging on my leg. It's Green's boy. Hardly seem the kid this whole trip.

"What?"

He seems a bit frightened but makes out some words. "Pinky's crying."

"W—?" I instantly drop my drink, marching outside. She is hiding behind a boulder several feet away. The kids crowd her except for Maroon's and Cheeto's children. Cheeto's kid is fussing at Maroon's.

"What's wrong?"

  She sobs endlessly, not even able to harm words correctly. "It was Cherry. She...uh...Let's just say she said something Pinky really did not appreciate..." says Teal's kid, playing with his thumbs. I growl, walking over and snatching up his kid by the collar. "Hey! Let me go!"

  A child of an imposter, why am I not surprised by this? Such a brat. Most likely a spoiled one, too. But we shall clean up this mess, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

  "Let me go! I'll get my Daddy on you!"

  "Yeah, I wanna see both of you try me."

  Maroon and Gold are in the hall by the lab. "Cherry, what the—"

  I toss his kid onto him and storm off, back to Pinky. I pick her up and take her back to the ship. The others split off to their parents.

I have never seen Pinky cry this hard since her father's murder. The day I decide to let her free, she ends up being bullied by a brat.

I sit her on the bed, giving her time to calm down. I ask her to explain everything.

  "She...doesn't...hmm..."

  "Tell me, Pinky."

  "...doesn't think you love me like their parents do."

  In my opinion, that was really stupid. But kids are sensitive to everything. "How?", I go along with it.

"*sob* She says that you hardly hug me...give me kisses...say ᴵ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ...."

She mumbles where she says 'I love you'.

It tickles my heart, but at the same time, it does not feel good. She grips my suit, stuffing her face in my chest.

  ...I hug her tightly. "I love you, Pinky." I leave a kiss on her head.

  I never really taken care of children, but I guess you actually do have to show affection to them. They enjoy every speck of it.

  Her face brightens up quickly. "I love you, Papa." Those sweet smiles always make my heart skip a beat. It's painful to see her cry.

I put her down for an afternoon nap. Soon after, a meeting is called. Magenta is dead this time. Peach sits at the table, crying her life out for her sister.