Black Out

(Pinky's PoV)

  Papa gave up, so now we have a new dog!

  After a couple of days, Papa has recovered. Surprisingly fast to say the least, but I am glad to be with him again. Papa didn't want to do anything today, so we relax in our bedroom on the ship. I really wanted to do our fun tasks, but Papa needs to be cuddled as he rests.

  "Pinky...Get off me," He gently scowls. "No," I say. "Papa needs love."

  "Err...No I don't. I'm fine. I just don't feel like working."

  "Papa is recovering. Papa deserves lots of love."

  He groans, stuffing his face in the pillow. I giggle, hugging him tighter. "You want the butterfly?", I ask him. "No Pinky, I don't want the butterfly."

  "Papa needs the butterfly."

  "Egh...No, I—"

  I chuck the butterfly in his hands, then wrap his arms around to it for him to hold it close to his chest. Next, I pull the blanket over him. "There! All cozy! Night-night, Papa!~"

  He doesn't respond, but grumbles under his breath. I then get comfortable and sleep beside him, sneaking our new puppy in the bed.

  "Don't. You. Dare..." he says with eyes still closed.

  "Aww..." I put him on the bottom bunk with a spare blanket to cuddle in. After all of the scratching his paws in it and rolling around, he finally gets comfortable, too. "Night-Night," I tell him. And I get myself to sleep, reuniting with Papa.

_________________________________________

  (Black's Pov)

   I didn't feel right. My body aches intensively, as if I was slowly dying after getting stabbed in the core. I was sweating. My back feels like I'm getting poked with needles. My breathing is ragged. Am I sick? Feeling my mind fade, I black out again. What is happening...

Everyone shall die.

Nothing shall move or breathe. Nor laugh, nor cry. But lay lifeless before me.

These lowly creatures never earned the right to live.

Who shall die first? I'm hungry.

That dumb dog. It's awake now. It sees me standing. A bit tiny to please my hunger for now. A little infant, sleeping and vulnerable. Not a bad smell. Pleasantly sweet like sugar. My drooling tongue reaches for it. The child rolls over. "Hmm...Papa..." Still sleeping and unaware of her surroundings. But a noise is heard nearby before I can touch the infant...I'll save it for later.

  I really want to have a taste.~

That dog remains silent.

I leave the room to find something else. Two more creatures walk past. "Oh, good evening, Black. Can't believe you slept a full day!" Two creatures pass me. I say nothing.

Walking out of this weird, metal box, I am out in the freezing nature of this planet. The only warmth, that great, fiery hole in the surface. I stroll into the darkness, searching the base. No one is out here but in the buildings. So, I force them to come out.

  The alarm rings. 5 come rushing out. Perfect. They climb the towers yet talk calmly amongst each other. Once fixed, they spread around the base. Out of the five, only two remain outside, each on opposite ends of the place.

  "Oh hey Black! I-It's me Peach!"

One human walks herself to the door of death.

"Hehe...Watcha up to?"

I say nothing.

"Heh, yeah. Purple told me you were pretty quiet..." She studders before me, fiddling her fingers. "Uh, I was wondering if you wanted to—y'know—hang out sometime?...Err, I-I mean if you want to! I-I don't mind if say no, then that's just on me! I-I!"

...She's being weird.

Ending the noise of the woman, my large mouth engulfs her body, biting into her flesh and cutting her into halves at the stomach. Hearing the crackles of her bones and the squishing flesh and organs just make me more hungry. After swallowing the upper half, I sniff the lower half; smells gross. I leave there and go back into the box. I have a child to taste.

I lick off the blood from my lips. I head back to the room with the kid. It was still sleeping soundly. Not even the doors opening woke her up. The dog moved from its place and next to the kid. That pest is annoying; I wanna eat it...but the conscience are switching back. I fade out.

What just happened to me? How am I standing? Am I high? What is going on here?

  I head to the bathroom and take several gulps of water from the sink. Whatever drugs I am on needs to leave my system now!

  Taking a look at myself, my eyes are crimson red instead of grey. And I had a tear in the upper part of my suit. A big one. And awfully slimy.

  I clean myself up and calm down. Ever since I was attacked things are off: Gold is alive, I'm sleepwalking and stuff, weird holes in the ground. Being on this planet is not going to end well.

  The next morning, a meeting is called early in the morning. Peach was dead, and half eaten. Gold and Maroon are highly confused about this kill. "This is crazy! No one has ever died like this! I-It's just sickening!", explains Taupe, who found the body. Silver mutters, "This is new to me also. There must be a predator on this planet. The imposter never killed like that before."

  "A predator? But how do we find it?", Teal jumps in.

  "That's a good question...A trap may just work, but the creature is possibly too smart for it...And they must like their flesh directly from the live body."

The team spend their time coming up with a plan, putting the imposters aside. But they fail because they do not know what they are truly looking for and where they are even going to find a good bait to lure it. Silver didn't want anyone to risk their lives. He ends the meeting for now. Teal and him are going to think of something soon.

Leaving the office, Pinky is fooling around with that mutt. She calls the dog "Lapis", now. Here they are running around the base like a couple of goofballs.

"Stay away from the lava pit, Pinky!", I order her. "Stay in the center of the base!"

"Ok!"

I walk pass them, doing tasks to keep me busy.