Failed Successful Sabotage

(Parasite Black PoV)

  Late in the evening, the child is returned. "Hi, Papa!" She hugs my leg firmly then jumps with her arms outstretched. "Up! Up!"

  I lift the kid by the collar and take her along. That mutt follows from behind. "Hey Papa, can we teach Lapis some new tricks? Or watch a movie together on the Ipad? Or..." She blabbers off, listing several activities to do for fun.

  "...Papa? Are you listening?", she asks. I remain silent. She whimpers. "Are you having a bad day, too? Mr. Purple sadly lost his wife, Ms. Peri. But if something is wrong, I can comfort you, too!"

  The kid wraps her arms around my neck tightly, placing a kiss on my visor. "Err..." I mutter. She innocently smiles. "Feeling better, Papa?"

  I can feel myself blush. What a weird kid. I nod my head gently, and she gives me another hug. "So, still wanna watch a movie on the Ipad?"

  "Eh..."

  "Great!"

  I didn't even state a proper answer, and she just goes along with it. This kid is very strange...Who does she belong to? You know what, I don't care. She's gonna die soon anyway.

  I feel myself slipping out again, but I need to keep this a bit longer. I need a plan to make this seem like an accident so no suspicions.

  As she sleeps an hour later, I switch her suit with a fake. Instead of allowing her to withstand it, she can freeze to death in the extreme cold. I hide the real suit elsewhere in this metal box.

  With that, I slip off to sleep.

_________________________________________
  (Pinky's PoV)

  The next morning, I get up and put on my suit and head off to the lab in the research base where Mr. Teal is. I don't know if it's just me but it's gotten colder on Polus; the cold is getting through the suit. But I fight through, quickly making it inside the warm building. I grab a cup of cocoa and cut through the office to warm up a bit before going back out and heading to the lab. I could cut through the Specimen room, but Mr. Teal is always going experiments and doesn't want us breaking anything by accident. Second, I don't want disinfectant in my cocoa coming from Decontamination.

"Hello, Mr. Teal!", I run into the room. "Hello...Err. Excuse me, examining a problem," he says, peering onto the TV screen and another machine screen.

"What's wrong?"

"There is a strong blizzard coming this way."

"Oh no."

"I'm about to call a meeting and warn everyone." I follow Mr. Teal as he runs out the building. The storm must be why it's getting colder here. But it's overpowering my suit. And that's scary.

A meeting is called and everyone circles in the office. Mr. Teal explains the storm to the crewmates.

"Wow! That's terrible!", says Yellow.

"Oh my..." says Mr. Silver, scratching the bottom of his helmet where his chin would be.

"There isn't time for an emergency evacuation," says Mr. Teal.

"We'll just do an emergency lockdown," Silver orders. "Everyone will separate between the Skeld and Building 1. Everyone pack some spare oxygen tasks and food if anything happens; there should be plenty of everything."

Immediately after, everyone begins preparing for the storm. Mr. Purple makes sure the engines are filled and packs extra fuel and stores them in the Storage on the ship for later.

  As everyone is preparing, Lapis keeps stealing my butterfly, so I have to chase him. I need to find him a toy for himself.

  "Pinky!", Papa calls. "Come inside!"

  "Ok!"

  Lapis and I go back to the ship. As we climb the dropship, the storm starts to come in. But Lapis didn't have my butterfly. "Where's the toy, Lapis?"

  He just barks wagging his tail. He must've dropped it somewhere. I groan, running back. He stays on the dropship.

  I kick through the snow, searching for my butterfly. Even calling out to it. I can't find it anywhere. The wind gets stronger, and I was getting colder. I shiver, pushing through the snow harder.

  I finally find behind a large rock and quickly collect it. My body was freezing. My entire body shakes, and the wind rocks me.

  I could barely move.

  In the distance, they start letting up the dropship. Lapis starts barking and growling.

  "Hey, what is your problem? Move it, mutt!"

  "Papa..."

__________________________________________
(Black's PoV)

  That dumb dog won't start barking. And it's getting annoying.

  "Everyone okay?", says Purple. Everybody nods.

  "Mutt, shut up!", I scold it. "Go find Pinky!"

  When I said that, he runs back to the door of the dropship and starts scratching at it.

  "Pinky!", I call out. "Come get your dog!"

  ...I didn't get a response. I sworn I told her to come inside.

  I go a quick run around the ship, but she's nowhere to be found.

  "Open the dropship! Pinky's still out there!"

  "W-Wait!", Purple says. "It's too dangerous! The storm is strong!"

  I let it down anyway and greeted with a powerful, icy gust. The dog follows me out. He was nearly blown away like paper until he hit my leg.

We search around the base for the kid.

"Pinky!"

"Pinky, where are you?"

"Kid!"

Still no response. Even hard to hear with the wind. Lapis barks, picking up her scent. He runs for it, and I follow him to her.

There she is, curled in a ball behind a rock with a sheet of snow on top of her.

"Pinky!"

She barely had breath, and her visor has a thin layer of ice on it. Her suit shouldn't be doing this. "Pinky, can you hear me?", I tap her helmet.

Nothing. She must be ice cold.

I put her over my shoulder and grab the mutt. I rush back to the ship.

I should've properly checked that she was on the ship before closing it. I blame myself for this. Even the mutt warned me about it.

Don't die on me, Pinky. I'm terribly sorry.

You're the last person I want to see lose their life.

I quickly climb the dropship and close it. "Oh my goodness!", White drops her cup of cocoa on the table and runs up to us.

"Oh no. Not Pinky..." says Yellow.

I hand her off to White as she takes her to Medbay. I drop the mutt on the ground, and take off my helmet. And from there, all I can do is hope and pray she's doesn't die.