Home Sweet Home

After several days, we arrive home again. They sent a message that our families were alerted of our arrival. It's going to be upsetting for the several families who can't be with their loved ones who lost their lives.

I'm pretty sure the HQ was informed about the deaths. There will be a lot of drama when we come back.

We arrive enter our solar system and arrive on our home planet, Earth. I was happy to be home. To keep as a memorial of my adventure, I leave another daisy sticker at the dropship and leave a P with a pink marker.

We land on the launchpad at the Mira HQ. We are greeted by the commanders and captains and soon crowded with people welcoming our return. Families and news reporters, and civilians. There were so many.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen." Someone speaks on the intercom. "First off, Welcome back our space crew exploring our latest project, Polus. There were several crewmates you risked and lost their lives for this trip and we would like to give recognition to them. Please stand for a moment of silence."

A powerpoint plays out of all of the dead crewmates. We salute them as it plays, showing their pictures. Most of the families were disappointed. And so was I, seeing my Daddy's photo up there, too. It was upsetting.

Soon after, we reunite with our families. I sit on my Papa's shoulders. And I find my family. "Grandma!"

Papa puts me down, and I rush over to her. "Oh, how I missed you, dear!", she says. She was holding gift bags. "For you."

"Thank you!"

Inside was a pink owl plushie with its own spacesuit, a bag of candy, space stickers, and some pocket money. I squish my plushie happily. "Oh, I have someone to show you."

I run into the crowd and find Papa. He's looking at his phone. I pull him by his arm. "Kid, where are you taking me?"

"Meet my grandma."

I drag him to her. "Oh, hello. I have never seen you before," she smiles.

"Hello, I'm her caretaker since...ya know...that happened."

"Yes, it's disappointing. But as a thank you for watching over my precious granddaughter, I give you this since he won't be able to claim it."

"...Thank you."

He looks through the bag and eats a piece of chocolate. "We are throwing a welcome home party this evening. You can attend if you would like, though I believe may just be doing the same," Grandma continues.

"Most likely but it may just be slightly later, but we can share the time if that's alright."

"Perfect."

"Oh, silly me. I never got your name."

"...Sebastian."

"And you can call me Lilian."

We go home with Grandma, meeting my aunt outside. Papa drives, and she gives him the address. We celebrate there, eating food and talking. We have a lot of fun. Lapis secretly stays in the car, but he'll be able to run around soon.

We party for a few hours. Then, Papa calls a ride for us to his house. I pack some brownies before we leave. "Pinky, you will not be eating all those sweets in one night. We're even gonna be having more back at my place."

I pout. "But they're yummy..." He rolls his eyes, holding the bags with our things. He puts Lapis inside one of them since he's small enough.

After minutes, our car arrives, and I enjoy the ride.