Imposter Encounter

That evening, all of the crewmembers split up for the night. There were spare rooms in Building 1, but nobody took them. We slept on the ship as usual. Papa and I take our baths and head to sleep. I cuddle my butterfly toy as I lay comfortably with Papa. He turns out the lights and we drift off to sleep.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

(Black's Pov)

In the middle of the night, I take a stroll outside because I was bored. Pinky sleeps pretty deeply, so I was able to sneak out without waking the kid up.

Pinky isn't upset anymore that I'm a killer. And that's a relief. Pinky's a sweet kid. And I can actually say I am proud to have her with me.

I sit beside a rock near the ship and breathe. I can't take off my helmet because Polus doesn't have a lot of oxygen. I lay back and sigh.

I don't know what I am anymore. A killer. A crewmate. Even just a protective dad. I'm an imposter. But since I started taking care of Pinky, things has changed. At least, I didn't lose her because of Orange provoking me to shoot him. I blame him for starting all this mess in the first place. She still misses Brown. He's floating out in space somewhere.

I thought he was going to last, too. But because of Orange. He's out there dead. But Orange accompanies him. I bet he's getting his butt kicked by Brown right now for everything he has done and said.

The way Orange has been acting, he should've never gotten on the ship. And that attitude killed him, but Pinky is all that matters to me, now.

Reflexively moving from my spot, two figures stand behind me, one holding a knife. I break them down. I didn't have my gun on me, so they catch some hands. I drop them on the hard, purple ground. With the merest beam of light, I catch there colors. Gold and maroon. To be honest, Maroon caught my attention when we first got here.

"Ouch, man!"

"Da**it!"

"You two are idiots."

Gold chuckles. "What? You think because you found us that we still can't kill you in cold blood?"

"Pathetic."

I snatch there weapons, there bodies under my boots. Then, I head back to the ship. I don't bother reporting them. "If y'all get caught, that's on you. But pick your targets wisely next time. Especially if you are under a security camera."

I was by the camera outside of Building 2. They were lucky because no one was on them. Under a camera is the worst place to kill. Rookie imposters.

They sit there scoffing and I go back to Pinky. I let up the ramp of the dropship. Purple is just walking by. "You're up pretty late. Something happened?", he says.

"Nah. Trying to get some quiet time but can't do that here either."

"The imposters?"

"...Don't worry about it. G'night." I walk off to my room. Pinky is still fast asleep when I walk in. I take off my suit and join her.