1. New Roommates

Tightly grasping the straps of your bag, which is hanging heavily on your back. You stare at the building in front of you a moment longer before sighing and entering its premises, bustling with students, who were waving goodbye to their parents.

Just a moment ago your parents had bombarded you with all sorts of advices and instructions, then hugging you for a long time before reluctantly letting you go.

It was your first year in this new college. Graduating a few months ago from high school, you were eager to get admission in this college, even though it meant leaving your home and living in a dorm with strangers.

But the excitement that you were overflowing with months ago was now hidden somewhere as your legs were slightly shaking with nervousness.

Nervously looking around the vast grounds, you find a group of students surrounding a few teachers. Assuming they were probably helping lost students, you quickly rush over while dragging your suitcase behind you.

As soon as you reach near them, the group of students leave and head towards the building, leaving you the only person left in front of the teachers.

"Hello there. How may I help you?" A pleasant looking lady steps forwards and greets you with a welcoming smile. Your tense nerves relax a bit and you explain your situation.

"Ah, okay. Show me your form with the details of your admission." The young woman asks, still smiling patiently and politely.

You fumble through your backpack and hand out a piece of paper from a file. After she was done closely examining it, she hands you a key, to which a keychain with '613' is hanging, along with another sheet of paper containing details about your dormitory etc.

She describes the directions to your room, and you start moving in that direction.

Entering the unfamiliar walls of the building you follow the directions you were told and now you are standing in front of a dark, wooden door with a fancy '613' label.

Before you could turn the keys in your hand, the door swings open, revealing a pretty girl, who is stunned to see you standing outside.

You quickly open your mouth to explain, "Oh, hello. I'm Y/N. I have been assigned to stay in this dorm." You wave your dormitory information page in front of her. She smiles brightly and lets you inside.

"Oh! Come in, Y/N. I was just going outside but that can wait. Ha-ha. My name is Shin Ryujin. Nice to meet you." She introduces herself and extends a hand, which you shake, beaming at her.

"Pleasure to meet you too. I can't wait to spend time with my roomies!" You exclaim in delight.

Ryujin laughs, "Good to know we'll be getting along well! Now, let me help you unpack. Since you're the last roommate to arrive, that leaves you the only empty room for you to settle in, over here." She says, leading you to another room.

You finally look around where you're standing to see the dorm, you'll be staying in. It sure was huge and lavishly decorated, giving off a modern English vibe in the dorm.

A decent chandelier was hanging in the center of the living room. A big comfortable sofa set was placed in front of a huge television, between which a wooden table was lying. Opposite to this sofa set was a mini kitchen with brilliantly polished, white marble counter, behind which were dark colored wooden cupboards.

In the corner of this mini kitchen was a mini fridge beside a microwave oven. Not far away was a small stove, near which, a handful of spatulas, spoons and knives were hanging.

It was truly extravagant! You were in awe by the luxurious dorm you would be staying in.

Looking at your surprised expression, Ryujin chuckles and explains, "Well, you're one lucky fella! Not 'every' student has such a fancy dorm. You must be one of the toppers, right?"

You nod your head and Ryujin smiles, "Hm, I guessed right. There are only a few dorms like these which are reserved only for the top students who have applied for college. So, consider yourself lucky and enjoy your time here!"

You feel at ease hearing her words and follow her into a room.

Ryujin turns towards you and throws her arms into the air, "Welcome to your very own room, Y/N!"

You gape at the small and cozy room. Which was furnished just as beautifully as the living room.

A single bed in the corner, next to a wide window. In front of the bed was a desk and a chair. Close to it was a closet and then a door leading to the washroom.

"This... Is so pretty!" You exclaim in delight.

"Well then, you can stare it all you want later but now you should quickly freshen up and head towards the canteen with me to grab a snack." Ryujin says. "Okay, I'll be at the door in a minute!" You reply as Ryujin closes the door behind her.

You quickly wash your face, fix your messy state from all that travelling and meet Ryujin waiting outside the dorm.

As you both make your way towards the canteen, you ask Ryujin, "So... Do you know are the other roommates who'll be staying with the two of us?" She quickly replies with excitement, "Ah, yes! There are two girls and two boys in every dorm. I've met other two roommates and you won't believe me they're so cute! OH MY GOD!"

You shake your head as you laugh at her cute behavior, "Well, if that's the case then I can't wait to meet them!" You wink at her and so the two of you reach the canteen chatting and giggling with each other.

(A/N): I'm back with another fanfic looool And don't worry I'm never going to leave "Maze of Hearts" incomplete like that! It's a loooong story and I'll take my time writing it. Meanwhile, enjoy my new short series that I completed quite a while ago!

I've posted it on Instagram, so now I'm just copy and pasting it here as well!

Peace!