3. Love Rival..?!

Jungkook looks right into your eyes, with a complicated expression, hard to decipher. He finally smiles, "Mhm. You're right. That's all in the past and now we're finally back again."

You nod and stand up, "Exactly! Then, I'll be seeing you again later. I don't want to hold you up any longer with your friends also present here. Also, my roommate must be waiting for me. Bye for now!"

"Sure, bye!" Jungkook waves as you leave the canteen and head towards the dorm.

When you enter you see a figure rummaging through the cupboards in the kitchen. You move towards the figure, clear your throat and introduce yourself. "Uhm, hey! I'm Y/N. Are you my roommate?"

Hearing your voice, the person jumps and turns towards you, finally sighing as he introduces himself with a sweet smile. "Oh, hey there! You scared me, ha-ha. I'm Jimin, lovely to meet you. That's my room over there, so yeah, we're roommates!"

You both shake hands and you peer over the empty cupboards that he had opened. You couldn't help but ask, "Uh... Looking for something?"

"Ha-ha, I was hoping they'd be having something for me to munch on since I couldn't make it in time for lunch at the canteen as I was busy playing baseball and lost track of time." Jimin replies with embarrassment.

"And... It turns out they didn't put any snacks..." Jimin helplessly sighs and closes the cupboards behind him.

"Oh, wait. I had put a packet of crisps in the drawer over here." You say and open the lowest drawer, "I kept them slightly out of reach so that I can eat it later but I'm full, so I won't be needing it. Here." You hold a big bag of crisps in front of him.

After a moment of hesitation, he accepts it, blushing and quickly escaping away from the scene into his room, closely the door behind him.

Just as Jimin closes the door of his room, the main door of the dorm opens and Ryujin comes inside. "Hey, Y/N! I'm back. Hahaha. Come let me show you around the hostels. We'll be having classes, starting from tomorrow morning."

And so, you head out once again with Ryujin, exploring the area.

"Why didn't come to the hostel earlier? It was quite empty back then and we could've had some fun!" Ryujin says as she skips alongside you, kicking a small rock in front of her. You shrug, "I was afraid I'll miss home as soon as I step in here. Besides, classes would be starting the next day I'd arrive which would keep me distracted, so that's why I chose to come on the last day."

Ryujin nods in understanding. "Don't worry. I'm pretty sure you'll have an amazing time, especially with me!" She winks making you laugh. And so, you two spend the entire evening walking around the buildings and admiring the natural beauty of the hostel.

It started to become darker and darker outside and you at last decide to head back to your dorm.

You go to the washroom and get a shower.

Wrapping a towel around your head, you come out and check your phone to see a lot of new messages from your parents. You quickly fill them with the details of today and reassure them that you're doing great and already made an amazing friend. Not forgetting to mention that you met Jungkook.

They were quite happy hearing about your situation.

You hear noises from outside and decide to check it out. Putting your phone on your desk, you head outside.

As soon as you head outside, you're taken by surprise when you see Jungkook sitting on the couch in front of the television beside Jimin, as the both of them are holding game controllers, while Ryujin is in the kitchen, trying to make something.

As soon as the door to your bedroom opens, the three of the people in the living room turn towards you. But you're only looking at Jungkook. Confused, you ask, "Jungkook?! What are you doing here?" Hearing your question, Jungkook snorts.

"What do you mean 'what am I doing here'? It's my dorm as well!"

"Ohhh..!" You exclaim.

Jungkook pouts as he whines, "Hey! What's with the long face? Aren't you happy?" You shake your head, chortling, "Ah, that's not what I meant. It's just that today is filled with so many surprises!"

Jungkook nods in approval.

"So... You two know each other?" Jimin and Ryujin voice their questions at the same time. The two of you chuckle and Jungkook replies, "Of course! We were childhood besties!"

"Oh, I see. If you were childhood besties back then... What are you now?" Jimin smirks.

Jungkook blushes immediately as he punches Jimin, "Oh, shut up now, will you?!"

"Ay! I'm gonna defeat you! BWAHAHA!" Jimin lets out an evil laugh and Jungkook immediately turns his focus towards the game in front of them, jumping and shouting while playing some sort of game.

You head over towards the kitchen where Ryujin is looking gravely at a bowl of burnt popcorns in front of her. As soon as she sees you approach her, she straightens up and her gloomy expression is converted into shock, "You didn't tell me you knew Jungkook, since 'childhood'!"

She hisses under her breath making sure the boys in front of them don't overhear your conversation.

"Uhm... It never came up!" You shrug and smile helplessly.

"Gosh... That is good... But also, not good..." She says, overturning the burnt popcorn bowl into the dustbin. Perplexed, you look at her, waiting her to continue. Ryujin explains, "That girl you pointed out in the canteen, who was surrounded by many girls..."

You nod as you remember that intimidating girl.

"She's Kim Sujin and has a 'massive' crush on Jungkook! And when I say 'massive', I mean it and I'm not even exaggerating!" Ryujin glances over you in concern. Still slightly baffled, you respond, "Uhhh... So?"

Hearing your nonchalantly dry reaction she tilts her head, clearly puzzled, "What on earth do you mean 'so'?! You've not only got a love rival but an enemy as well. When she's gonna find out how close you both are she's-"

You immediately interrupt her, shaking your head and waving your hands, "Woah. Woah. Woah. Hold up! What do you mean by 'love' rival?! We're clearly best friends..."

Seeing that you're so insistent, Ryujin gives up and smirks evilly, "Ah, alright."