5. Baseball Match

~In the baseball ground~

When Jimin is done dragging Jungkook all the way from class over here, he lets go of his arm and sharply turns around to face him, "Dude! You didn't even look at me the entire class and I could clearly tell you were sneaking glances at Y/N. So, tell me, what IS going on between you two?"

"I-" Jungkook responds, conflicted with his own feelings. He looks down at his shoes as he shuffles around with his hands.

Jimin drops his shoulder, sighing. "Seriously? Do I need to do all the speaking?" He smiles helplessly. "You have a crush on her right?" Jimin narrows his eyes at Jungkook, trying to read his expression.

"NO!" Jungkook immediately declines, his eyes wide open.

"You have a crush on her." Jimin concludes shrugging and wears a baseball hat, getting ready for the match. "Wait! I..." Jungkook tries to say something but couldn't think of anything, so he presses his lips together.

"Jimin... Could you do me a favor..?" As they were lining up for the match, Jungkook asks Jimin in a whisper? Jimin curiously looks over at him, smirking, "You want me give her a love letter during lunch break?"

Jungkook smacks the back of Jimin's head, "Gosh, no! I... Just want you to keep this a secret, just between the two of us..."

"What? So, you 'have' a crush on her?!" Jimin exclaims in a low voice. Jungkook blushes as he nods his head. "Oooh..." Jimin whistles. Jungkook glares at him and Jimin waves his hand in front of him, "Hahaha! Don't get me wrong. Let's focus on the match right now!"

~In the canteen~

You met Ryujin outside your class and decided to go grab lunch together at the canteen. You tell her about your weird encounter with Sujin. She jumps in her seat as you calmly eat the last bits of the food on your tray. "Girl! I did not know you had swag!" Ryujin gives you a thumbs up.

You choke on the water you were drinking. After coughing a few times, you ask in utter confusion, "Swag?!" Ryujin nods furiously. "Duh! Totally unfazed by someone, who was clearly trying to bully you. If that isn't swag then what else is it?"

You stretch your arms, coolly replying, "Ah, no... I was just being calm and collected, unlike her, who weirdly sees me as her 'rival'?!" Ryujin light heartedly chuckles, "Eh, whatever. Stop being modest! Jungkook clearly likes you!"

"Uh... I mean, we were and 'are' best friends..?" You answer quietly.

"Pfft... Girl, stop playing innocent, you know what I mean!" Ryujin wiggles her eyebrows and laughs out loud seeing your face go red. "Bahahaha! Go and look at yourself, you're blushing! Oooh... Y/N is 'blushing'..!" Ryujin emphasizes on the last words, making you blush even harder.

You pout and stand up to leave. When she's done laughing she follows you outside the canteen, walking beside you. She then changes the subject, "Hey, I've heard that the boys are having a great baseball match, want to come see it with me?" After a pause she continues with a smirk plastered on her face, "Jungkook will be playing too..."

You jump in annoyance while complaining, "Ugh! Why do you have to bring Jungkook in literally every conversation?!" Ryujin clenches her stomach as she howls with laughter, "Oh, Y/N! I had no idea you were such a shy person."

You huff in a sharp breath of air and ignore her while you both make your make towards the baseball ground to see a large crowd already gathered behind the stands, cheering and shouting.

You two find an empty place to stand at the very end of the ground. The view was... Not too great, but it was acceptable.

Your college against another college... Now 'that' would be interesting!

A baseball player was already standing in front of you, with his back facing towards you. He was punching the batting glove on his left hand, ready to play.

"Do you even know anything about baseball?" Ryujin asks you. You let out an embarrassed laugh, "Eh... Not at all. Besides, I'm just here to support Jungkook."

"Hmmm..." Ryujin smiles. "Jimin's also playing though."

"Ah, yes, and Jimin too!" You quickly try to cover yourself up but fail to in front of the sly Ryujin. She laughs, nudging your arm with her elbow. "Speaking of him, where is Jungkook?" You ask and start scanning the ground but since you weren't standing in an ideal place, you couldn't spot him and give up.

"Hey... What if that's Jungkook?" Ryujin points at the player who had been standing in front of you all this time. You shake your head, "Oh come on! Jungkook is taller than him."

The player, standing not so far away from you, straightens up and turns towards the both of you, with his arms crossed over his chest, "So, you're calling me short?!"

You both freeze realizing it was Jimin who was standing in front of you. You frantically start waving your hands in denial, "No, no! That's not what I meant, I-" Before you could even explain the three of you hear a loud sound...

The sound of the baseball bat hitting the ball with great force. 

Looking up at the sky you see the ball approaching towards your area. "INCOMING!" Jimin yells and starts running in the direction of the ball in order to catch it.

Just as he was about to jump in to catch the ball, which was on its way in midair, another tall figure leaps into the air and majestically catches the ball in his glove, then falling on the ground on his stomach. After a brief moment of silence, the entire team erupts into deafening cheers.

"Oh, look! All the players of the opposing team are out and now it's time for Jungkook's team to bat." Ryujin hurriedly explains as you gape at the situation.