CHAPTER 3: Engaged

I walked closer to him, with the desk seperating us, I leaned in and said through gritted teeth, "You are an Asshole Isaac Grayson and I won't succumb to you."

Before he could say anything, I was already out of that office.

I was back in my office, pacing back and forth thinking what to do about that asshole cause I know he won't give up so easily.
And I even told him that he is an asshole, I can't believe that I did that, like seriously?! I was afraid of him, wasn't I? Then from where did I get all this courage from?!

I told Josh everything that happened today at his office and Josh literally fell on the floor laughing when I told him that I called Isaac Grayson an asshole on his face.
But then seeing my expression, he quickly sobered up and realised that instead of laughing we should be scared, very scared.

Leaning against the desk, I tapped my foot on the floor, impatiently.
My mind is blank, I can't think of anything.

"We gotta do something about him", Josh spoke as he stood infront of me.

I rolled my eyes, saying, "Thanks for telling, I didn't know that."
And now it was his turn to roll his eyes.

Josh then checked the time on his wrist watch and said, "You should go home, Thera. Take some rest, we will discuss this tomorrow."

"By tomorrow, I will lose millions!"

"Do you have any plan right now?", he asked in an exasperated tone.

I gulped, "No."

"Then there is no point sitting here as we can't do anything right now", he stated.

I nodded slowly before turning and picking up my phone along with my laptop and I exited the office along with Josh.

We parted our ways in the parking lot and I drove towards my penthouse.
My mind was running with millions, no, billions of thoughts and it was becoming hard to focus on the road.

I shook my head and tried not to think for sometime cause I was in no mood of dying right now.

Entering the penthouse I sighed, disposing my blazer on the couch and I took of my heels.
I took out a water bottle from the fridge and drank it, feeling a cool sensation down my throat.
I was bit late today, so, Maria must have left.

In no mood of having dinner, I grabbed a packet of potato chips and made my way upstairs to my room.
Changing into comfortable clothes, I sat on the bed while munching on the chips and watched Frozen to ease my mind and before I knew it, I fell asleep.
______________________________________

I wore my blazer and for the last time, checked myself in the mirror before grabbing my car keys, phone and laptop and I went down to the parking.

Reaching the office, I was greeted by everyone and as I passed through Josh's desk he was too engrossed in his work to notice me.
So, I tapped lightly on his desk and he immediately looked up, looking tensed.

"What happened?", I asked him and he looked away refusing to answer.

"Josh?", and he again didn't answer.

"Fine. Mr. Oliver, I need you in my office right now, and it is an order", I spoke in a formal tone.

He sighed before following me into my office and he closed the door behind him.

"So", I said folding my arms,"I know...we are incurring loses but there is something else even, right?"

"Well...", he ran his hand through his hair.
I gestured him to go on and he said, "Remember the land we had to buy in San Diego?"