CHAPTER 7: Who's Serah?

My phone was constantly ringing and disturbing my peaceful sleep.
I couldn't remember where I kept my phone last night. Still with my eyes closed, I ran my hand on the bed in hope that I will come across it.

"Aargh!", I groaned, finally opening my eyes and I located my phone on the nightstand.

I picked it up and answered the call.

"What?", I said grumpily.

"Thera?", Josh's voice came from the other end.

"You just ruined my peaceful sleep, Josh! Don't you know till what time I usually sleep?!"

"I do know till what time you sleep, you sleep till 7:30 in the morning and till 10 on weekends. But if you could just bother to check the time you will know that it is freaking 10 in the morning and it's Monday and you are still not in the OFFICE!"

"Oh, shit!", I exclaimed, suddenly getting up as I searched for the wall clock and when I spotted it, it was already 10:05. I was suppose to be in the office at 9!

"Are you coming now?"

I scratched my head as I fell back on the bed, "I don't think so...I just got married yesterday and who goes to office on the next day of their marriage?"

"Your husband", he answered.

"Remember that your office was going to be shifted in his building from today as you both are now the joint CEOs", he added, "and I am here in his building, getting your office set up while he is questioning me that why you are not here yet."

"Wait...did he ask you to call me?"

"...yes..."

"Couldn't he call me by himself?"
Josh remained silent making me speak again, "You know the reason why he didn't call me himself, right?"

"...yes..."

"And may I know the reason, please, Mr. Oliver?"

"Let it be, Thera."

"Mr. Oliver", I warned.

"He said that he doesn't want to waste his time reminding people about their job. And he said that he can't tolerate irresponsible people."

Irresponsible? Just because he is also the joint CEO now, he thinks that only he is the one who is responsible while others don't know anything.

Is it a joke? I was handling my company much effortlessly on my own.

"I am not coming today, I am very exhausted and you better tell this to that asshole, I don't care." With that I hung up the call.

After that I finally got up and went inside the bathroom to freshen up.

Finishing my morning routine, I decided to roam the house after breakfast as I know that asshole would not give me a tour of the house.

I reached the kitchen to make myself breakfast but there was already a woman present there, her back towards me, and she was cooking something.

I cleared my throat for attention and she turned around. She looked in her mid-40s, black hair with a few strands of gray hair as well and she gave me a warm smile.

I mirrored her smile and she spoke, "Good morning, Mrs. Grayson."

Mrs. Grayson. That sounded so foreign.

"I am Cynthia, the housekeeper", she introduced herself.

"Well, nice to meet you, Cynthia and you already know me", I smiled, "don't call me Mrs. Grayson, I am not used to it yet, you can call me Thera."