CHAPTER 19: All I Needed

Double update! Cause I didn't want to leave you all on a cliffhanger.
Keep a tissue with you, might shed a few tears...or maybe that's just me who got emotional while writing 😅.

He leaned back on the couch rubbing his temples as if all this information was too much for him to take, "God! I married a crazy woman. You ran away at the age of 20 and at the age of almost 28 you are the fifth richest person in the world. Unbelievable!"

Unbelievable.

Sitting up straight again, he asked, "What about your friends? You must have any friends?"

And that question made me sad, my friends, they were like my family. My four best friends always supported me in every situation and I left them even.

I nodded, "I did. I had four best friends; Araima Lee, Claudia Burton, Emilia Allen and Daisy Scott. I loved them but I had to leave them too...I still keep a check on them. Claudia and Emilia are in New York only while Araima and Daisy are in San Francisco."

"Don't you miss them?"

"I miss them the most."

"And you are still not going back."

"I don't know what to say...let's not talk about it."

I leaned back and rested my head on the couch rubbing my temples when I suddenly remembered.

I sat back straight and demanded him, "I told you everything, Isaac and now you also have to tell me everything."

His whole body tensed and his jaws clenched.

"I don't want to", he said.

"That's not fair! You forced me to tell you everything and now you are not ready to tell your side of story!"

"I said I don't want to!", He snapped.

I got up angrily, "I knew it!" And I stomped out of the room.

I told him everything, each and everything who no one knew about except Josh.

I sat on the edge of my bed with folded arms. Why can't he tell me? I know it must be difficult to talk about someone who died and was so close to him but I deserve to know the reason for this marriage.

My room's door opened and I knew it was Isaac because of his cologne. I didn't even bother to turn around and look at him.

He came and sat beside me on the edge of the bed and both of us didn't say anything.

A minute later, with his head hung down, he spoke, "Serah Steiner...she was my best friend."

I lifted my gaze and looked at him as he still stared down at the floor.

He continued, "Serah, Nyle and I were bought up together. Our families were friends and so were we. We were inseparable, went to the same school...used to study and play together. I had everything I ever wanted, my father was a billionaire and I had amazing friends."

He took a deep sigh, "When I was about to turn eighteen...I started to...fall for Serah... romantically. And before I knew it, I was in...love with her; it was not any infatuation. I loved her but was afraid of confessing it, I knew that it would ruin our friendship so, I never told her. Months passed and it was becoming difficult for me to see her talking and flirting with other boys."

He ran his hand through his hair as I watched him sadly.
He continued anyway,"One day when she visited my house, I told her everything; I confessed my feelings for her. Told her that I love her."