CHAPTER 25: Date

"Larisa don't be childish, you are coming with me. And if you don't then I will drag you there", he said sternly.

"But Isaac--"

"My decision is final!", he said getting up from my lap and went inside the bathroom.

Looks like I have no other option than to agree with him...

I quietly laid down trying to fall asleep and a few minutes later Isaac came and laid beside me and pulled me to his chest, my back pressed against his chest with his arm around my waist.

I closed my eyes and then I heard him whisper in my ears, "Sorry, I didn't mean to shout at you...;But you are still coming with me."

A smile formed on my face and instead of replying, I turned around and buried my head his chest as he kissed my forehead.
________________________________________

We entered our presidential suite in Paris after a long meeting.
It's been two days since we came here and all we did was work and work and work!
Finally today was the last meeting and we would be leaving in a day or two.

It was evening when Isaac asked me where I would like to go.

"I don't know any places...but I can't go back without seeing the Eiffel Tower."

"Okay then, get dressed."

I quickly went inside the washroom and freshened up and changed into a jeans and shirt because I prefer jeans over dresses.

I felt really happy strolling around the Eiffle Tower along with Isaac as we licked our ice creams.
His one arm was around my shoulder while the other held the ice cream.

Soon, we heard some people clapping and we turned our attention to a couple; the man was down on his knees with a ring in his hand while the girls covered her mouth with her hand in surprise and tears fell down her eyes.
People gathered around them as we all waited for the girl to say yes.
And when she finally said yes, everyone applauded as the couple kissed.

I was not jealous but I felt a pinch in my heart seeing her getting proposed, infront of the Eiffle Tower, in the City of Love.
That's what I always dreamt about.

I sighed heavily making Isaac turn towards me, "What happened?"

I shook my head, "Nothing...can we...go back...I am tired."

"But we hardly saw anything."

"Please...I want to go back to our room."

"Ok...come on."

I felt sad...I can ask Isaac for it and I know he will fulfill my dream happily but what's the fun in it when you already know that someone is going to propose you.

We reached our room and my mood was still gloomy which Isaac definitely noticed cause he asked again, "You sure you are fine?"

"Yes...I am fine."

Giving me another long, curious look he went inside the washroom to change while I pulled out my diary from my bag.
I opened the page where I wrote my dreams and I just read them again.
When I wrote all this, I didn't know whether I will have that much money to afford to visit Paris but today, I am in Paris only but my dream didn't come true; so close yet so far.

I heard the washroom's door open and I quickly kept the diary inside my bad before Isaac could notice and I hurried past him into the washroom.
_______________________________________

I woke up in the morning only to find the other side of my bed cold, where did Isaac go?

I thought he must be in the washroom but he was not there even, anyway I got up and did my morning routine and when I came out of the room and into the living room I saw him on sitting on the couch, talking to someone on the phone while drinking coffee.
He smiled on looking at me and excused himself and went inside the bedroom to talk while I sat there, eating croissant that he already ordered.