CHAPTER 11: He Cares...Maybe

I put my legs up, tucking them under my knees as I leaned back in my chair.
I clutched my abdomen, the pain was unbearable.

I hardly have menstrual cramps but this one was as if it was taking a revenge on me. I felt as if someone was stabbing me with a knife because of which I can't even focus on my work.

I shouldn't have come to office today but it was Monday, I had to come.

Resting my head on the back of my chair, a lone tear escaped my eyes. The pain was becoming unbearable every minute. I sent Josh to buy the medicine and I have no idea when he will come back.

I heard the door open, the connecting door as my back was towards it.
I could tell it was Isaac because of his cologne.

"What happened to you?", he asked upon seeing me.

"Cra-mps", I managed to say. Even speaking something was making it hurt more.

In a swift stride, Isaac was infront of me watching me with a frown on his face.

He bent down-- since he is so tall --so that he matches my height.

"You want to go home?"

"It... won't hel-p. I can't move...even."

"Do you have some medicine?"

"I sent Josh to buy them, he...must be coming..."
He hummed in response and the next thing I know is that he lifted me in his arms (bridal style).

"What are you doing?!", I somehow managed to shout at him cause I was stunned by his actions.

He didn't speak anything and instead he took me to his office and gently laid me down on the couch there.

I watched him in confusion as he went over to his desk and rummaged through a drawer before he pulled out a heating belt.

He plugged it near the couch then placed the belt on my abdomen.

His actions melted my heart. Maybe he might not say anything or act like he is very cold but deep down...he cares...maybe.

"It will help ease the pain", he finally spoke while standing near the couch, staring down at me while towering me.

"How do you know that it helps in easing the pain?" It was a valid question.

His lips curled up in a small smile, a smile that wasn't portraying that it was a happy smile.
"You are not the only women I have ever been with."

Just then we heard Josh's voice coming from my office, "Thera?"

Isaac went through that door and a few seconds later they both came inside.

Josh poured me a glass of water and took out a tablet and helped me get up a bit before I swallowed that medicine.

Isaac stood there scrutinizing everything with his hands inside his pocket.

After Josh made me eat that medicine and helped me lay down again, he was about to leave the room when Isaac said to him, "Joshia, you may call me Isaac from now."

Josh looked at him then at me and I gave him a light shrug.

He spoke softly, "O-kay", before he left the room.

"What was that?", I asked Isaac once Josh left the room.

He walked over to his desk and leaned against it, facing me.

"He is your best friend and I am your husband which makes him my friend too and friends don't address each other so formally", he explained.

"I thought you don't like making lots of friends."