CHAPTER 4: You Can Do It

A few days later...

"I still can't believe that you are going to marry him", Josh said stuffing his mouth with the banoffee pie I made.

"I can't believe it either, Josh", I sighed putting my fork down on the plate.

It was Sunday, I made banoffee pie so, I called Josh here so that we can eat it together.
The moment the media got to know about our engagement, they went beserk. It became difficult to even reach my office without the paparazzi pestering me with their questions.

I had to spend the whole week at my penthouse while that asshole went away to England for a business trip.

The wedding was next month, the 'wedding of the decade', not my words though, I heard this on one of the news channel.

I was going to marry Isaac Grayson, the great Isaac Grayson who doesn't even know how to respect me. I feel like crying, did I give up too easily? But I had no other choice even.

"This is the best banoffee pie that I have ever eaten", Josh complimented and I smiled at him, "Thanks."
But the smile didn't last long because I was worried, I was worried about everything. My life was about to change.

"Thera?", Josh called softly.
And I looked up at him.
He gave me sad smile and squeezed my hand.

"Everything will be ok", he assured me, "I know you don't like him nor does he likes you. You both are strangers that are getting married but believe me, I know you are strong, I believe in you, you can do it."

"You are so selfless...you are marrying him just because you want to save your company. You have sacrificed so much to reach here, you went through so much, all alone. And I am damn sure, you can do this even", he added. I gave him a tight smile.

"You know what, there is something else that I keep wondering...we can merge our companies without marrying even but then why he is hell bent upon marrying me?"

"You said that he is afraid of you...I mean afraid that you might take over his company, right?"
I nodded slowly and spoke, "But...there is something else...that's not the only reason, there is something else even, Josh. I can't understand him."

"Maybe he likes you", Josh teased and I smacked him on his arm.

"Shut up!", but I couldn't hide the light blush that formed on my cheeks. No, he can't like me! Definitely not.

"Aww...you are blushing, are you already falling for him?", He again teased and this time I threw the fork at him making sure that it doesn't hurt him.
But unfortunately, he got hit in his biceps and he winced.

"Oh my God! I am sorry, Josh", I started to panic as I got up and went to him.

"I...I didn't mean to hurt you, I am sorry. Is it paining?", I asked him.

"I am fine, Thera. I am absolutely fine", he assured me and I sighed in relief.

"Sorry", I said again before kissing his cheeks and he smiled.
_______________________________________

Mondays are awful though I love working, I love my office but today I was in no mood of going, definitely not.

My periods started yesterday so, today I decided not to go to office, I wanted to rest.
I informed Josh about it and told him to take care of everything.

It was mid afternoon...
I took a block of Dairy Milk and laid down on the couch, infront of the T.V in the living room while I eat the chocolate more like I was licking on it so it melts. What's the point of simply chewing and eating the chocolate, the fun is when it melts and it gets smeared across your face and your hand and then in the end you just lick your fingers, I know it's weird.
And I hummed the Dairy Milk song, "Kiss me...close your eyes and miss me...I can read your lips on your fingertips..."

I never mentioned but...I am too obsessed with the idea of romance, I have always been. I loved reading those clichè, romantic stories since I was a teenager. I always dreamt that when I will grow up, I will fall in love with someone then marry him and spend the rest of my life with him.
I have romantic dreams, many of them. One of which was to have a ball dance with my love or my husband, to have my first kiss and many more...

I never kissed anyone, I repeat never. Didn't get the time for it...

My thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of my doorbell and Maria rushed to open the door while I quietly sat in the living room wondering who it could be.

After a minute, Maria came and said, "Mr. Grayson is here to meet you." And my eyes widened in surprise, what the hell?! When did he come back from England and why is he here?!

"Send him in."

A few seconds later, Isaac walked in, in his office suit and as his eyes fell on me, there was amusement in his eyes.
And I realised that the chocolate was smeared on my face and hand.

"Why didn't you come to office today?", he asked taking a seat infront of me, the amusement vanishing from his eyes.

"Why does it concern you?"

"Because I wanted to tell you something in personal but when I went to your office you were not there so, I had to come all the way here", he explained, already looking exasperated.

"I wasn't feeling well...started with my periods that's why."
He hummed in response.

"What do you want to tell me?", I questioned.

"This Saturday", he spoke, "you need to come meet my parents."

His parents?

"I am busy", I tried giving him an excuse.

"You are a bad lier, Thera. I have already checked your schedule with your assistant, you are free", he smirked and I felt like smashing his head on the wall.

"Dress properly on Saturday, I will pick you up at 8 in the evening", he added and I raised a brow at him.

"What do you mean by, 'dress properly'?"

"I don't want to give my parents the expression that I am marrying a child", he said gesturing towards my face.

"I am not a child!", I whined.

"You do act like one." The nerve of this man, Aargh!

"Whatever...", I rolled my eyes.

"What about your parents? You never mentioned them?"

Shit! Shit! Shit! Now, what am I supposed to tell him?!

"My parents...I don't know...", I trailed off.

"You don't know about your own parents?", he asked as if he could almost see through my lie.

"It would be better if we don't discuss that topic, Isaac and as far as your parents are concerned about my family then I will see to it...", I spoke hoping he would not question me anymore.

He watched me carefully before getting up and he walked to the main door as I followed him and without saying anything he went away.

Sorry for the short chapter 🙏.

~Ahlam