chapter one: Alexis Summers

This is my last day here at EastBrook high school. I honestly don't want to go but my aunt is sick, she lives in North Carolina and she can't take care of herself anymore. My mother, my father, my brother, and I have to move there and help her. I'm not really thrilled to see her, my father never really got along with her, yes she is his sister but they can never agree on anything. Now that she's sick, she really needs her family to help her. I continue to hang with my friends and try not to think about leaving them.

"Lex, we'll be fine. I just can't believe that we haven't told Jax yet. I mean, your leaving today." My friend Tierra says as we walk down the hallway and go to Spanish.

"I'll tell him after school, we're supposed to hang today, so, I'll tell him then." She rolled her eyes. We both sat in our seats and began the drill. Spanish is my worst subject in school. I barely pay attention and surprisingly have a B. As I was doing the drill, Jax walks in and sits with me.

"Hey beautiful. How's my bae this morning?" I want to tell him now, I have to. I will. Right now, I'm gonna tell him.

"I- I'm moving." I see his smile slowly turn into a frown.

"When? When were you going to tell me? When were you planning on telling me? When are you moving?" He seems very upset at me. He might explode if I tell him when.

"I was going to tell you later. I'm moving tonight." I mumble under my breath. He closes his eyes and looks at me very frustrated.

"I'm sorry Jax." He turns his back and says,

"Yeah, so am I. We're through." What?!

"What?!" He nodded.

"Long distance relationships never last." Well he has a point there but still.

"Fine, we're through. Here, take your necklace!" I took the locket off of my neck and threw it at him. He took the necklace and stormed out and probably went to his class. He always sat with me in my classes for a second just to talk to me.

"Alexis? What was that about?" I roll my eyes and look at her.

"He just broke up with me." She looked like she was going to say something like, oh honey. Or I'm so sorry. She doesn't have to comfort me. I knew it was coming.

"I'm okay Tierra. Don't worry about me. I knew he would say that. I saw him kissing Kate today." She looked shocked.

"He cheated on you?" I nod. I don't care anymore. He's out of my life forever.

At lunch, I sat with Tierra. She would not stop talking about Jax.

"Tierra, it's fine. I'm done with him. I'm leaving anyway. I'm never going to see him again."

She frowned. "I'm going to miss you. Your my best friend." I smiled.

After school, I finished packing. I packed my clothes in my blue suitcase and my other things in a green one. I had everything packed in an hour. I was the first one ready to go. My brother on the other hand, well he was a demon. He always pulls pranks on me and I always end up with a different hair color or my clothes get messed up. He hasn't even started packing. I think he's going to pull a prank on me. I'd better take my bags and put them in the car. I take one last look in the mirror and fix my shirt sleeves. I look at my hair and fix my messy curls. My hair was perfectly curly and maintained the curl but I guess it got messed up when I had gym today. I fix it and then walk past my brother's room and down the steps. As I past his room, I see that he had taken his signs off the door. He had one on his bed, it was the one that had Josh on it. He had his clothes on his bed and he had his nerf guns on his bed, he was filling them. I saw him putting dye packs in them and I rushed down the steps and ran to the car. I put my bags in the car and hopped in the passenger seat, I locked myself in the car and hid my stuff. I looked around the car and I heard a thud on the roof. It made my heart stop for a split second and made me worry more.

"Alexis? What are you doing in the car? Come out here and give me a hug goodbye." I sigh. It was just Evan. I unlock the door and get out.

"You scared the crap out of me. You know that I have to be careful around my brother. He's a demon, I swear. One day I will prove it." He smiled and began laughing.

"I still remember when he put a dye pack in your purse. That was really..." I look at him and give him that look that tells him that I will put a dye pack in his wallet if he doesn't shut up.

"Are you going to miss me?" He nodded.

"Of course I'm gonna miss you lex. Your my best friend. Make sure that you text me so I know that your okay. And if you meet any boys, tell him that if he treats you like Jax did, I will take care of them, just like I did to Jax earlier." I smile. I hug him and feel his warm body against mine. I'm definitely going to miss him. I begin to cry on his shoulder, he hugs me tighter. I grasp on to his bicep and he rubs my back.

"Your okay lex. If you need me, I'm just a phone call away, okay? Call me if you ever need me. I will always be there to help you." I nod and wipe the tears from my eyes. I look into his eyes and I see that he looks like he might cry too. I laugh and hug him again. He puts his hands on my shoulders and we look into each others eyes. His green eyes are shining in the sun and he is looking into my blue eyes. He kisses my cheek. I hold his hand and quickly let go when Josh walked outside and put his stuff in the truck.

An hour later, we were on our way to North Carolina, of course I became really tired but I can't sleep when the demon is awake. Finally, he goes to sleep and I do too.