Chapter Three - The Train

"So, what year are you?"

Fred and George sat opposite me in the compartment we had chosen. I was thankful they had invited me to sit with them, otherwise I probably would've sat all by my lonesome.

The train hadn't yet left the station, but the twins had explained that picking out a seat early was the best way to get a compartment with enough space to seat the three of us.

"Oh, I'm only a first year."

"So you don't even have a house yet!" Fred said.

"House?" I asked. My father had briefly explained the house concept at Hogwarts, but I was still confused on the matter.

"Basically, when you get to Hogwarts, they'll sort you into a house. Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, or the best house, Gryffindor." George smiled with pride as he said the name Gryffindor.

"So I assume you two are in Gryffindor?" I chuckled.

"How'd you know?" Fred playfully said.

"Lucky guess."

"The four houses of Hogwarts basically represent the 4 founders of Hogwarts and their philosophy. They wanted a certain type of person sorted into each house. We use them as teams at Hogwarts for tons of things. Quidditch is the main thing we are a team for." George explained.

"What's Quidditch?"

The twins seemed taken aback by my question. "Have you been living under a rock? Quidditch is only the best wizard sport there is!" George said. "I can't even explain it. You'll just have to come watch us play."

"You two play for Hogwarts?"

"Yeah, although we play on the Gryffindor team." Fred explained.

"That's really cool! Maybe I can play."

"Hell yeah! That'd be amazing!" George screamed, pumping his fist in the air.

"If you're in Gryffindor, we could be on the team together!" Fred exclaimed, pumping his fist in the air as well. "Most first years aren't normally on the Quidditch teams, but that's not to say you shouldn't try out."

"Well even if I can't be on the team, I'll support you guys of course!"

"With a pretty girl like you cheering from the stands, there's no way we could lose." Fred smiled wide; he could see a blush spread across Y/N's cheeks.

"Could you three quiet down?" The door to our compartment flung open and a small, curly brown haired girl stood in the doorway. She was already wearing her robes, and she had her wand in her hand. "There are others on this train, and I can barely focus on my reading with you three yelling from the next compartment over."

"I'm sorry miss. We didn't mean to distract you." I said politely.

"It's quite alright. Just be more observant in the future." She closed the door to the compartment, leaving us in silence.

"Now departing for Hogwarts." The train's conductor came over the speaker system.

"Y/N, you've never seen the view from the train." George said.

"It's absolutely gorgeous."

"Just like her Fred."

"Exactly like her!"

"You two are such flatterers." I said, another small blush rushing across my face.

The train lurched as it pulled out of the station, the train whistling as it did.