Chapter Ten - The First Match

I sat at the breakfast table the next morning, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Maybe that one girl had been right. Going to bed earlier may be a good idea.

Carlos sat on my shoulder, happily humming and squeaking.

"Tired, are we?" Susan joked as she ate breakfast.

"Unfortunately. Maybe if these two hadn't been running around so close to curfew." I said, gesturing to Tonks and Hannah.

"You could've gone back to the dorm whenever." Tonks said, stuffing her face like she did every morning.

"She was talking ~Fred~." Hannah sang Fred's name, smirking as she did so.

A look of confusion crossed my face. Had it been Fred? I was fairly certain it was George. "No, I was talking to George."

"~Are you sure?~" She sang it once again, clearly trying to embarrass me.

"Yes."

"If she's not, I am." George said. He and Fred took seats on either side of me. They each grabbed fruit from our table, even though they had most likely eaten breakfast at the Gryffindor table.

Fred paused before he bit into his apple. "Where'd you get that?" His face had gone dead serious. He exchanged a look with George, who's face had also grown serious.

"Oh, Carlos? He just-" I began.

"You named it?" George interrupted.

"Yes?" I looked at the two of them curiously. "As I was saying, he just showed up in our room."

"Look, you should really hand him over to us." Fred said, setting his apple down on the table.

"Why?" I asked defensively.

"He's only a proto-type and we've been looking all over for him." George whispered.

"Proto-type? What do you mean?" I grabbed Carlos from my shoulder, cupping him in my hands.

"He's what George and I call a Pygmy Puff. Just some side project we're working on. He's the only one we have. He escaped the first day of school and we were worried we'd lost him. We did lose him, but that's beside the point." Fred whispered.

"Oh, is that why you were out last night George?" I asked.

He looked taken aback. "Um, sure."

"You left the dorms last night? Why?" Fred questioned.

George shrugged him off. "It's not important right now. I'll tell you later."

I shrugged off the twins' weird behaviour and sadly handed Carlos over to George. George cupped his hands, keeping Carlos safe just like I had. "Bye Carlos. I love you." I gave Carlos a small kiss on his fluffy little head and he cooed.

"Thanks for being understanding." George said. I sadly nodded in response. He let Carlos snuggle into one of the sleeves of his robe. That was the last I saw of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the bell tolled for our last class, I rushed to put my things away.

It had been a few weeks since school had started and the school was finally having it's first Quidditch match. It was also going to be the first match of Quidditch that I was going to watch.

I quickly hurried off to my dorm, so quick in fact that I tapped the barrels wrong and ended up drenched in vinegar. I wasn't too upset about it, since I would be changing anyway.

I showered as quickly as I could and when I exited the bathroom, I saw Emmie sitting on her bed, reading like she always was.

"Going to the match?" I asked as I wrung out my hair.