𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭

They had been out only half an hour in their little drive and Zayn was already mesmerized, Harry refused to tell him where they were going but had somehow managed to convince him to get dressed and put all the necessary equipment to protect against the literal end of the world on and leave with him. Zayn had been so worried about Fred, their little pup who he did not want to leave at home but Harry had managed to find a little doggy daycare for him and with Fred safe and happy they were off. Over the two and a half weeks they had had him they noticed how trusting he was of everybody, he was a real social pup and they knew when they went to pick him up later in the evening he would have made himself a few little friends. 

Watching the beautiful landscape fly past them as Harry drove down the road by the beach Zayn was transfixed by the juxtaposition of the colorful buildings against the backdrop of what looked to be a forested hill of some sort. He noticed they were on higher ground than where they had been staying these past months and as if it was even possible the landscape seemed to be getting more beautiful the higher they went. They soon came to a stop in front of what looked like a hiking trail that led into the aforementioned forested hill. Zayn thought Harry must be crazy if he truly expected him to hike his way up a hill, he resisted all form of physical activity as far as he could. Harry laughed, loud and carefree, dimples pressing into his cheeks so deep Zayn wondered if they hurt. He took Zayn's hand, laid a chaste kiss onto his lips and intertwined their fingers, " Come on, it's really not that much of a hike. " Zayn rolled his eyes and begrudgingly let Harry lead him up the trail, it's like he knew Zayn struggled with saying no to him.

Turns out Harry wasn't lying when he said it wasn't going to be a long hike cause soon the trees had given way to the most charming little town Zayn had ever seen, tucked away between cliffs it looked to be a town that could be easily overlooked if you weren't actively searching for it but if you'd found it it would be difficult to forget.

Harry explained to him that they were actually in Furore, that he'd been here once a few years ago when he was in Italy for something else

Harry explained to him that they were actually in Furore, that he'd been here once a few years ago when he was in Italy for something else. He had only been in the town for a few hours but he could never quite get it out of his head and he figured what with the pandemic and all even the little crowd that did usually gather in the place wouldn't be there so he thought it might be the perfect time for them to explore the place themselves and have a little day away. With what was happening most of the shops and cafés around the town were also closed but undeterred the two walked the streets of Furore exploring little back alleys that led to charming buildings with vine wrapped balconies, the most beautiful murals up the side of buildings. The nearly empty streets bestowed a sense of tranquility to the atmosphere and Zayn was sure he couldn't be happier than he was at that very moment.

Eventually Harry said they had to go back to the car to grab supplies. They made it just as the sun was beginning to set and the entire place had taken on a beautiful golden glow. Harry popped the trunk of the car and grabbed a cooler Zayn hadn't even noticed him place there. By the time they made their way back to the clearing that opened up to a beach with an arched bridge overhead night had fallen, the stars shone down illuminating the little sliver of water that bled into the embankment making it glisten.

Harry had made enough food for five people but no one was complaining, it had been a long day of exploring this town which albeit beautiful was almost completely up hill so Zayn was famished. They didn't have any wine this time, Harry had brought it but since he was going to be driving back he didn't want to drink any and Zayn didn't want to drink any without him so they settled for sodas as they watched the water reflect the sky almost perfectly despite the disturbance caused by the waves.

○○○○○○

Harry had had one of his security men pick up Fred from day care and as all good dog parents they were making their way back to the car despite how much they didn't want to, they had a little man waiting on them.

It had begun to rain at some point during their journey and after driving in it for a while Harry suddenly pulled off by the side of the road and brought the car to a halt which caused Zayn to look over at him with questioning eyes considering it didn't look like they were having car troubles, his confusion only escalated to straight bewilderment when Harry promptly stepped out of the car and ran to the edge of the embankment that over looked the water below and raised his arms above his head, looking up to face the sky getting drenched nearly instantly.

Zayn poked his head out of the window screaming at him to get back in the car insisting he was going to catch a cold, after a while Harry did get back in the car completely soaked, dripping water all over the car. Zayn couldn't help but let out a laugh looking at Harry's wide grin as he shook out his hair getting water all over the dash. With a sigh Zayn reached over to the back seat where he knew they had tissues left over from their meal and began wiping at Harry's hair and face trying to get him at least moderately dry, stopping only to get the heat in the car all the way up. He then proceeded to wipe him dry all the while muttering, " Can't believe-" " Really such an idiot- " it was what Zayn said last that seemed to capture Harry's attention however, " Can't believe I have a literal 5 year old for a boyfriend." Zayn had gotten him as dry as he thought he could with the supplies they had when Harry placed his hand on Zayn's cheek and brought his eyes up to meet his, " Boyfriend? " He questioned, trying to keep the joy from bleeding into his voice too much. Zayn looked confused again for a second before his eyes widened and he blushed which Harry saw because of a faint light from the window of a house nearby, " Well, I mean if that is what you want." Zayn replied as he shrugged looking down. Harry smiled as he put the car back into drive and got back on the road, " That is what I want." He felt weirdly like he was floating as he sat there in rain soaked clothes.