°• 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 •°

2 years later

𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚞𝚖𝚊 𝚒𝚜 𝚟𝚊𝚐𝚞𝚎, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕.

Zayn had managed to get through 2 years of university with no one apart from his closest friends knowing about his relationship with Harry, they had their doubts because a few of them knew that Harry Styles had been seen with a man that looked a lot like Zayn but maybe it was the fear of being laughed at that kept them from asking. It wasn't that he'd wanted to keep it hidden, it was just that he didn't want to be treated any different because of anyone he might have known. God knows his past always preceded him and almost everyone knew what those three years had been like, if they didn't know they liked to make scenarios up.

He had graduated today though and this was officially his last day on campus and obviously Harry wasn't going to not come. He had understood and held back from showing up for random visits over the past two years but now here he was, waiting at the end of the hallway with Fred on a leash sitting by him and José their cat that they adopted a few months ago in his arms, oblivious to a hallway full of students staring at him busy with his phone. Zayn made his way towards him and he looked up on seeing Zayn's shoes in front of him and flung his cat free arm that was holding Fred's leash around him he then planted a kiss right on his lip and Zayn heard the collective gasps of the students in the hall but he didn't care. This was him, this is it and he was happy.

They were going to be leaving for their yearly trip to the Amalfi Coast in three days and when they got back Zayn had an internship to look forward to that might just lead to a permanent position. He walked out of university after saying goodbye to the friends he'd made over the years a man with purpose. He wasn't his trauma, his past had shaped him in a lot of ways but that wasn't who he was. This man driving out of the gates of university, looking back one last time grateful for getting the chance to finish it this time with job opportunities and a whole future to look forward to, with a dog in the back seat and a cat in his lap, with a man he loved beyond reason next to him was a man that knew he deserved everything he had.

Harry brought his hand that wasn't on the steering wheel to Zayn's at the centre console, Zayn looked down at their intertwined hands and smiled.

~

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲 ( 𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 ) 🎉