Chapter 4: Meeting Six

After going through the opening, you walk through what looks like a shower room. you look around with a surprised expression on your face.

"What's the matter Red?" Quin noticed the expression you were making.

"I'm surprised anything would actually use this place". You say halfheartedly.

After leaving the shower room you enter an area full of boxes and cages, you see the exit but realized something was wrong because your heart began to beat loudly. That was when you noticed the sparks.

Immediately understanding the danger, you stopped dead in your tracks. "We have to find another way around."

Quin was confused by what you said. "Why, is something wrong?

"You see the exit ahead? It's electrocuted, if we touch it, we're fried." You explained.

Despite leaving Quin in a confused state, you looked around to see if there was another way, that was when you noticed a familiar figure climbing the cages.

"What the- Hey! Wait up!" You yelled out, understanding no one else was present.

The figure in yellow reached a point to stop and looked at you and Quin without saying anything. You knew Quin was slower when running, so you decided to pick her up and made your way to climb.

The figure in yellow continued to climb as well and eventually reached the top. You soon reached the top as well and was finally able to meet the person you were following.

"Hey there, my name is Red, this is Quin." "Hi!" Quin said in a positive voice.

The only respond you got from the fellow escapist was complete silence, she did not say anything, she only stared at you and was possibly wondering why you were following her."

"Is she a mute?" You said in your thoughts. Before you thought of anything else you hear her whisper a quiet "Hi". "Okay, she isn't, probably not much of a talker."

"Do you have a name?" Quin asked.

Again, silence was her response. She probably doesn't want to give her name to complete strangers, so you thought of a compromise.

"Well, since Quin is the fifth person I've met and you're the sixth, how about we call you Six, as a nickname?" The figure cocked her head to your idea. "Yep, she hates it."

The figure holds up and looks at her hands before offering you six fingers as her response.

"Yeah, Six, I mean it sounds good and you don't even have to tell us your real name." You offer up a smile and give out a nervous while saying in your thoughts: "Please don't push me off."

Six gives a nod of acceptance and runs to jump on the chained cages and waits for you and Quin. "Right, hop on Quin." Quin jumps on your back without hesitation.

You take a few steps back and start running, as soon as you reach the edge you jump and successfully land on the cages.

As you climb up the chain and cross the gap, you thought of ways of cutting off the electricity that was keeping you and the others from leaving.

Soon you enter an area where you immediately saw a switch and a similar exit with the same problem.

"That switch is the source." You noticed. "If we turn it to "off" we can finally leave this place and move on."

"How are we going to reach it?" Quin asked with wonder.

Six quickly walked to the drawer and began to pull and climb. "That's how, Quin." You answered.

Soon Six managed to pull the switch and turn the power off. It was dark but your trusty flashlight took care of the problem.

Now that the power was off all three of you would be able to continue on. But little did you and Quin know there was more to six than meets the eye.