𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 | 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘯

"and i miss my lover, man" 

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

I made my way over to Clay's apartment and let myself in using the key he had given in months ago. "Clay?" I said walking in the door, I closed it behind me and went inside. The place was still pretty messy, each time I came over it was worse than how it looked before.

I went over to his bedroom and lightly knocked on the white wooden door before slowly opening in, "babe?"He was laying on top of his bed with a green blanket draped over his body. The room was completely dark, his blinds were open and so was the window but the sun had already set and the sky was now a navy color.

"Hey Mel" he mumbled, "Clay have you been in here all day?" I asked, "why does it matter" I sigh, I'll take that as a yes. "Do you want me to make you anything to eat?" the brown-haired boy shook his head, "have you eaten at all today?" he didn't respond.

"Why are you asking so many questions?" "Because I'm worried about you," I admitted, Clay sat up and looked at me. "Yeah? Well don't be" " It's hard not to. You've become so distant from me, from everyone" "Why do you care?" he said coldly, "Because Clay, I care about you, I don't get what you don't understand about that?".

For the past few weeks, he'd become so isolated, not getting out of bed nor talking to anyone. He doesn't answer the phone, and he's stopped uploading . Clay is the kind of person to keep everything in, he doesn't let people in, ever. It's been frustrating and I've been trying to be patient with him, but he's just not himself and I don't get why.

Got up off the corner of his bed and went into the kitchen, "Clay you can't just walk away" I said following him, "I'm not trying to walk away, you're just bothering me" his tone of voice was icy, it was like a jab to the chest. I just looked at him for a moment, I was unsure how to respond.

He opened the cabinet and grabbed a glass, setting it down on the granite countertop, "What is going on with you?" I asked, "Nothing" he yelled, the sound of his booming voice made me flinch a bit, this was the first time he'd ever yelled at me. "Okay? Nothing is wrong I'm fine, you're just bothering me. Everyone is bothering me, I've run out of fucking patience for all the bullshit" he continued, his tone still loud and laced with anger.

I let out a shaky sigh, I felt a knot forming in the back of my throat and my eyes begin to water, "okay" I said softly, I walked over to the front door and glanced back at him, Clay seemed unbothered, so I left.

Right as I walked into the door of my apartment, I slid down the back of the cold metal door letting my body hit the floor. I brought my knees up to my chest, curling into a ball, and resting my head on top of them. I was trying not to break but once one tear slipped from my eye, another followed, and another, and another until eventually I broke out into a full-on sob.

I dug my nails into my legs as I let out a loud cry. My chin trembled as I was gasping for air that simply wasn't there. My throat burned, forming a silent scream. I felt a new kind of pain, a heartache I haven't experienced before. It was as if a puzzle piece had fallen out of place like it no longer belonged there but I wanted it so desperately to fit.

As I cried I could feel the gentle vibration of my phone ringing, I slid it out of my back pocket and saw that it was Nick. I took a deep breath and answered the call, "Melody?" "Hey," I said softly, "what's wrong?" he could immediately tell from my tone of voice something was wrong, "can you come over, please?" I asked, my voice breaking.

"I'll be over in 10, take some deep breaths and drink some water, okay?" he told me, "okay" I ended the call, I dropped my legs and wiped my tear-stained cheek. I pushed myself up off the floor and walked onto the balcony, sitting down on one of the plastic chairs looking out into the city. My mind was empty but the pain in my heart didn't go.

Some time passed and I heard my door open, "Mel?" I turned around to see Nick walking in. I got up and went back inside, he pulled me into a hug. Nick and I had known each other since 7th grade, he was the one who introduced me to Clay in the first place.

We sat down on my couch, "What happened?" "Clay, he told me his patience ran out and broke up with me. I guess" Nick looked at me confused, "he what?" I just nodded slowly, "Something is up with him" I let out a deep sigh and leaned my head on his shoulder, "I don't know what I did".

He looked at me with sincerity in his eyes, "Melody, you didn't do anything, don't pin this on yourself" "It's hard not to, I just miss him, who he was" I said honestly, "I know, I do too". Nick pulled out his phone and dialed a phone number, he put it on speaker. "Hello?" a man said with a warm British accent, "George, have you been talking to Dream at all?" Nick asked, "No why?" "Just wondering, bye" "Okay? bye Sap".

I fell back onto the couch, sinking into the brown cushions. I covered my face with my hands as I felt my eyes begin to water, "fuck" I said under my breath, "FUCK" I yelled, I wiped my eyes and ran my fingers through my hair.

I woke up and felt a warm presence behind me, I turned my head a bit and saw Clay laying behind me, his green eyes looking at me. I gave him a tired smile and turned my body so we were facing each other.

He placed a gentle kiss on my lips, "Good morning" "morning" we laid there for a while, not talking or saying anything but just admiring one another.

Thinking back to the mornings we used to spend together made me happy but it was soon followed by a rush of sadness because I no longer had that in my life.

"I miss my lover, man". 

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ