𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘵 | 𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘴

you're the only friend I need

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

I tossed and turned in bed, trying to fall asleep but I was unable to. I stared blankly at my cleaning, then I got an idea. I got out of bed and put on a pair of black leggings and a green hoddie as well as a pair of socks. I put on my black converse and grabbed my phone before sliding open my window.

I climbed out and jumped down before running down the street. As I arrived at Tommy's house, I walked along the side so I was in front of his bedroom window, I picked pebbles off the ground and began to throw them. I knew I could have just called him, but this felt more fun.

The navy blue blinds open, as well as the window, "April?" the blonde said confused, "Hi Tom" "what the hell are you doing here?" valid question, it was 2:45 am, "come down, let's go mess around for a while" "are you out of your mind?" the boy asked, "no, please" I begged, "give me five" I bit my lower lip and smiled.

After a few minutes, I heard the crack of a door closing, I turned around and saw Tommy closing his back door, "getting you out here was easier than I intended" I told him, "what are we doing April" "I don't know, I couldn't sleep so" he just looked at me, "you're joking" I let out a soft laugh before grabbing his hand, "come on" I said, dragging him behind me. 

We ran down the empty night streets, the silver moonbeams pouring down on us as well as the dimly lit street lamps. Something about it was just so freeing. I glanced back at Tommy who had a small smile on his face, "Come on Tom, lighten up" he let out a soft laugh, "You're feeling pushy tonight".

I stopped running once we arrived at the park at our old primary school, I went over to the swings, "This is really what you wanted to do?" I nodded, "You need to stop being such a negative nelly Thomas" "I am not" "are too!" "I am not!" "are too!" we argued like children, just like we used to. 

He came and sat down on the other swing next to me, we sat in silence for a moment, "I bet I can go higher than you" "In your dreams" "Oh yeah?" he questioned, "Yeah" before I knew it he started swinging, so did I.

I glanced up at the clear night sky and next to me, Tommy let out a genuine laugh which caused me to laugh. It was moments like these that made me grateful I had him in my life. 

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ