𝘵𝘶𝘣𝘣𝘰 | 𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴

"You know, your eyes are just as blue as the ocean" 

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ 

I was sat at my desk doing homework when my phone began to buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw I was getting a call from Toby, "Hey Jess" he greeted me, "Hey, what's up?" "I was wondering if you wanted to go paddleboarding with me" "Yeah, I'll be at yours in 10" "Okay see you then" "bye" I pressed the red end call button and got up from my desk. 

I changed into a back one piece and put on some loose grey shorts over top.  I slide on my sandals and went downstairs, "Mom, I'm going over to Toby's" "Okay, be back by dinner" I nodded and walked out the front door. 

He only lived a few houses down, so it was just a quick two-minute walk to his house. I knocked on the front door, his little sister Lani greeted me, "Hi Jessie! Toby is out back waiting for you" she told me, "Okay thank you" I walked through the house and outside into the back. 

 "Hey," I spoke as I approached the brown-haired boy, "Jess! Hi"  he had on a black shirt and some blue swim shorts, "You ready to get in the water?" I nodded, Toby picked up the board while I grabbed the paddle, he gently lay the blue and whiteboard down in the water and walked with it, going deeper and deeper in. 

As I walked in the water, it was cold to the touch, "Holy shit" I said, making Toby let out a soft chuckle, I smiled at him and walked deeper and deeper in, I stopped once the water was up to my chest. 

"Do you wanna get on first or should I?" I asked, "You can get on first" I handed him the black paddle and climbed onto the shakey board. I got on and slowly stood up, Toby gave me the paddle back, "Okay your turn" as he grabbed the board, pulling it to the right side causing me to fall into the water. 

The cool blue liquid consumed me for a moment, it was freezing. I pushed up from the sandy bottom, the sound of Toby's laughter filled my ears. I wiped my eyes and looked at him, a smile formed on my face "Shut up" "Oh my god that was great" he said in between breaths. 

I shook my head and let out a soft laugh. The sunset had caught my eye, "What are you looking at?" Toby questioned, "come here" he swam underneath the board and popped up next to me. I lay my arms on the board and pointed at the sun that was slowly falling behind the horizon line, painting the sky with hues of red and orange reflecting on the clear water. 

I could feel Toby's eyes on me, as I looked at him he didn't break his gaze, "What?" "You know, your eyes are just as blue as the ocean" I gave a gentle smile which he returned, "Thank you Toby" I spoke softly. 

We both managed to get on the board, sitting down facing the sun. Toby put his arm around me pulling me closer, I lay my head on his shoulder. We sat there, floating in the water, watching the sky change from a fierce orange to a velvety purple. 

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ