1

When suddenly, bang!

I watch as the man fall helplessly onto the cold cement walkway, blood oozing out from his head as it stain the ground. My umbrella drop as I gasp loudly with widen eyes. Tears are already threatening to fall but I held it back when the guy with the gun spin his head towards me.

Instantly, I could feel his piercing glare at me while I just stand there like a fool, unable to walk or scream for help. I'm practically rooted on the ground as my eyes search for any signs of people in the park. Unfortunately, there's none.

My breath quickens when the guy starts to walk over to my direction. The realisation finally dawns upon me. I am going to die.

With that thought, I did what every victim would do in this situation. I run. As fast as I can. As far as I could. Not even caring for my umbrella anymore.

Funny how the now dead man and my situation flipped. Earlier, he was running for his life, and now I'm running for mine.

I could feel the adrenaline rush in me as I escape from the guy. I don't even know if he's following me or what, I don't even dare to look back. As I run, there were only two person who I thought of in the back of my mind. Mom and Dad.

Just the thought of them made me cry even more. The waterworks began. The tears blocked my view as it blurs my vision. Frantically wiping my eyes as I run, I wasn't able to caught sight of the new guy who was only a few meters away before we clash.

His body was hard and he didn't even budge from our collision. Before I could even look up at his face, a hard smack on the back of my neck shoots pain into my head.

And before I knew it, I collapse into the body of the man, with nothingness clouding my brain. Only a deep, dark and void mind.

Jeong Jaehyun

I look at the limp body of the girl leaning on me before bringing my eyes to look at the man who just caught up a second too slow.

I narrowed my eyes at him as he pants from running. This is bad, I thought.

"Where's Kang?" My voice tensed.

He shrugs and points at the back with his thumb. I followed his pointed direction and saw a lifeless man on the ground.

I sigh, relief washes over me.

There was silence for a moment after that. Until he speak out, "The girl." He nodded his head at the girl in my embrace.

I didn't even realise I had wrap an arm around her petite figure until he mentioned her.

I frown at the said girl. I had smacked the back of her head earlier to put her into unconsciousness after I saw him chasing her. I just thought that was the smartest thing to do after considering her as a threat.

"Who is she? Why were you chasing her?" I asked him.

He shake his head, "No. She's a witness."

The moment he said that, my gaze harden. "How could you be so careless?" I scolded him.

He went mute after that.

I groan at the horrible situation we're now in, "Okay first, let's head back to the base. And then, think about how to solve this problem with Taeyong." I muttered the last name.

His head perks up as I mentioned the new name, "He'll be mad."

I scoff at the obvious, "Yeah, no kidding."

"The girl?" He asked.

I sigh again, "We'll bring her," I said as I hook an arm under her knees and haul her up, "And let's just pray she'll be alright. Though I know she'll not be."

His body was rigid and tense as I gave orders the whole time. I shake my head at him, "Let's go."

I'm already halfway to the black van which was accompanied by another guy inside. But as I walk, I couldn't hear the light footsteps behind me.

I turn around making sure he's following me but unsurprisingly, he wasn't.

Still standing there with the girl in my arms, I called him out, "WinWin!"

His head perks up at the mention of his name, "Let's go!" I said again.

Only after that he nods and jog towards me as I waited for him to catch up.

"Stop daydreaming. We just got into bigger trouble than we already are."

And with that, I step away from him and proceed to reach the van. As I slide open the door, WinWin came behind my back and said in the lowest whisper, "Don't worry, it will die down before it escalates. It won't be much of a trouble with me around."

Then he takes the girl in my arms into his own and hops in the vehicle without waiting for me.

I too hop inside the van shortly after mumbling, "You better be right." As I close the car door.

"Woah," The guy on the driver's seat exasperates with a strawberry flavoured lollipop in his mouth before pulling it out to talk clearly, "Who's she?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "We'll explain later at the base."

He lowly whistles, "Better get our ears ready then. I'm sure Taeyong has a lot to say about this." He chuckled.

I lean my head on the backseat and start to think of all the possible ways to explain ourselves.

As I do so, the van zooms ahead into the dead traffic. All streets, houses and buildings we pass through were quiet. No one in the car starts a conversation while tension builds up as we all prepare to face our boss.

The boss, the one and only.

Lee Taeyong.