10

1:27 a.m.

The hour displayed on the bedside clock.

"I waited long enough." I spoke to myself, "I'm sure no one is up this late."

I walk towards the door, doing a double check outside the corridor and then came back inside the room, locking it.

The house was quiet as I begin to work out my plan on escaping here.

I grab the blankets Yuta had provided me with this morning and plus another one given to me a few hours ago, considering it gets colder in the night.

I tied them into a knot at the end of each blankets, making it look like a rope.

I walk over to the window and peek outside through the curtains just in case there's someone. None.

I open the windows and gathered the tied blankets together and then let the end of it fall out of the window.

Gripping the other end of the blanket in my hand, I tied it on the foot of the bed. I pulled it hardly to test it and make sure it won't let loose before standing up and head back to the window.

I climb up on it and sit on it for a few seconds.

I take in a deep breath and exhale, "You can do this." I whispered words of encouragement to myself.

I grip on the blanket rope as tight as I can and haul myself off the window and start climbing down.

"This is crazy." I panicked.

It went on smoothly at first but after a few steps, my foot slipped, causing me to crash to the cement wall.

"Ah!" I yelped in pain.

I stayed there, hanging on the blanket rope, not moving as I questioned my choice.

"You're so stupid." I said, regretting.

"Who's there?" A voice came from the window a few meters beside mine.

"Johnny!" I shouted in relief.

He rub his eyes, half awake, "What the fuck are you doing?" He frowned at me.

"Help me." I said timidly.

He sigh, "Hold on." He said, voice sounded out hoarsely.

I complied to him and hold on to the blanket as long as I can.

I look down, "It's only a few more steps, right?" I look up at Johnny's window, "I'm gonna try." I figured and then proceed to climb down slowly.

"Slow and steady." I huffed out.

But slow and steady can be the death of me when suddenly the blanket rope slides down drastically because of the bed, which was pulled to the window.

I scream and close my eyes until I jerked, meaning the falling stopped.

My heart beats erratically, "Johnny!" I cried.

I heard running footsteps and a dark figure coming my way until the light shown on his face.

"Heejun!" He called out, standing below me, "You gotta let go!" He said.

"What?" I gasped in disbelief.

"Trust me, I'll catch you!" He reassured me.

"What's going on here?" A head poke out of my window.

Taeyong stood there, eyes boring holes to my head as he realised what I was doing.

I thought the door was locked! I said mentally.

"You're dead, bae." Haechan's head followed suit after Taeyong and then the rest were unfamiliar faces, except for Yuta.

"Sexy!" Yuta exclaimed.

"Heejun, let go now!" Johnny brought back my attention to him.

I shake my head profusely, "I'm scared!"

"I'll catch you, I promise!" Johnny said.

But before I could register what happen, the rope was loosen and I fell down on Johnny, who catches me just like he promised.

Johnny grunt, "You fine?" He look down on me in his arms.

I nod, "Thank you." I whispered.

"In." Taeyong said, making both of us look back up at him. A scissor in his hand as he look at us, more precisely me, "Now." He commanded before retreating back and gone away.

Haechan snigger, "Good luck, Juns." And he too retreated, as well as the others.

"You're in trouble, lady." Yuta glare at me and then gets back inside.

I sigh as Johnny puts me down gently, "I'm done."

Johnny pats my head, "I understood that what you did is to escape here but," he pauses and looks at me with pity in his eyes, "you just can't."

I sulked at my failed and useless attempt to escape as he said that.

"Even if you did, I doubt that you can climb up the tall gate up ahead. Not to mention the CCTVs." He said, "You'll get discovered before you even step out of this place." He added.

I sigh, "I just wanna go home." I look down at my bare feet.

Johnny pulls off his sweater jacket and puts in on me, "You'll get cold." He place a hand on my back, "Come on." He smiles at me comfortingly.

I don't get why this man tried to help me and treats me nicely even after what I did earlier. But at this point, I'll just embrace this comforting warmth he's giving me when I still have the chance before meeting with the cold boss, Taeyong.