11

"You're so funny."

"Excuse me?" I questioned him, weirded out by the sudden statement or compliment.

"You called me the devil?" He asked, raising a brow while the corner of his lips turned up into a small grin.

My eyes widen, "How did you know?" I gulp down a non-existing saliva and start to feel nervous about his reaction.

I got up to clearly explain what I meant by the devil because he wasn't saying anything but before I really get to say anything he started, "Sit down." He said softly but with a slightly dominant voice that made me sit as I was told.

He picks up a small dagger which made my breath hitch while he sharpens it. He looks up and stare at me for the longest time to the point I think he zoned out.

"Um.." I tried to snap him back to reality.

I thought he didn't hear it but a few seconds later, he hum and look down at the dagger in his hand before his eyes made its way back to me again.

He got up from the table he was leaning on, ever since we came inside one of the unfamiliar rooms in the basement, and walks slowly towards me. His feet dragged itself slightly on the ground on purpose with the dagger still positioned in his hand.

"I apologise." I blurted out, panicking and afraid he would use the dagger to hurt me.

He stop in his track, just right in front of me. He crouch down and smile, "It's fun seeing people say sorry and begging for their life all the time, even if they don't know what they did wrong." He said.

I keep quiet mainly because I'm terrified and or his words made me to.

He swirls the dagger between his hand, "Tell me, Hua." He started, "Do you prefer guns or knives?" He asked, head and body inching towards me a little.

I look down on my hands, "Neither." I said with a small voice.

He sigh, "But I had to make sure you won't try to escape again."

I play with my fingers as he messes with my nerve, "I won't." I said, "If you don't hurt me." My eyes trail to the sharp dagger, shining under the light.

"Oh." He got up and darts the dagger to the worn out dummy, on its head, effortlessly.

My eyes widen. What more is he capable of? I wondered.

He turns back to me and cups my face with both his hands, "You're so cute." He cooed, squishing my face together.

"But sadly," he lets go, "you can't go anywhere, not without the rope." He smiles.

I shake my head, "No!"

"Oh please, it's not that bad." He said, "Johnny exaggerates too much."

I glare at him, "You're evil." I blurted.

Bad choice.

He halts his movement after what I said. He straightens up and swings the end of the rope in hands while looking up at the ceiling, probably thinking.

"Of course, I'm evil." His eyes connects with mine, "And I love it." He grinned.

"Psycho." I mumbled.

But the second I said that, I didn't expect this to happen. He slap me, hard, to the point my cheek was red and throbbing.

He grabs my face harshly to meet his, "Fuck this shit, I want to kill you so badly." He reach to the gun on the table behind me and points it on me before he shoots.

Three times.

I've never felt so scared for my life. I scream, ducking my head with my hands as the bullets hit the concrete floor, sending it flying across the air.

My heartbeat palpitates as I shake violently.

He tsk, "Don't talk back to me. That's a warning." He said.

My tears fell on its own after the horrific moment ended.

He wraps the rope around me, attaching me to the chair, not even waiting for me to calm down.

I didn't even get to wipe my tears, leaving it staining on my face. My eyes were red as I look at him dead in the eyes.

He glance at me as he was tightening the rope and chuckles darkly, "You're not going anywhere, Hua. I'll make sure of it."

I inhale and exhale deeply to compose myself.

Is that so? I had to be prepared for what's coming for me in future then. I mentally noted.

"There." He said, finishing up.

I thought he was leaving after that but he suddenly brings the other chair across the room and sits in front of me, casually, still holding the gun.

I frown which he notice, "I'm not leaving you." He smiles, "It's a waste not to enjoy looking at a masterpiece when it's right in front of you."

"Mind you, you slapped me earlier." Is what I wanted to say but decided against it.

I keep quiet and avoid eye contact with him and stare on the ground instead. Being alone in a room with him is dreadful enough but him staring at me the whole time I'm tied up to a chair is certainly not my taste. That's just creepy.

"Night, Hua. Sleep." He said.

Sleep. Right, I was too tired anyways. And that's what I did, falling into slumber slowly but with an uncomfortable fear dancing in my gut.

"Sweet dreams." His voice faded as I closed my eyes, off to dreamland or rather nightmare.