Chapter 1 ~ Backstory

Hello there, this is Hermione Granger, here is a bit of backstory about me and Harry - just so you understand what is going on. Harry lost both of his parents when he was 1, due to the evil Voldemort and the killing curse. Harry survived, which is where he gets the name - The boy who Lived. So he grew up without a family, with his horrid muggle aunt, uncle and cousin. Unfortunately, when Harry was in his first year at Hogwarts, all three died in a car crash, so he truly did have no family left to turn to. But luckily for me and Harry, my parents became his guardians, which means he lives with me! During the holidays of course, seeing as we both go to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, so we are the best of friends.

Last year, when Harry was 16, he found out that he was The Chosen One, which, in short, meant that he had to kill Voldemort to survive. Which he successfully did, with the help of Professor Dumbledore and Dumbledore's army. So now, thanks to Harry, the wizarding world is free of the Dark Lord! He is the most popular wizard in school - or should I say, most talked about wizard in school.

People don't want to be his friend, because they think it will put them in danger, seeing as there are still Death Eaters around. Death Eaters were Voldemort's followers, and not all of them were captured or killed once Harry had killed Voldemort. One of which was our old Potions teacher, Severus Snape. A lot of them are still after Harry, but the ministry of magic has placed defensive charms over Hogwarts and our home back in London, so we are all safe.

I knew that Harry still struggled with his past, but this year was unexpected, he puts on a brave front, and no one but me knows what is going on deep down, underneath it all.