15. This Side of Paradise

Trigger warning:
This story contains graphic depictions of sexuality and nudity.

Readers' discretion is advised.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

This Side of Paradise

Alexandra Alarcon

"Alex, have you ever listened to one of Rio's movie soundtrack, Fly Love?"

Inihinto ko naman ang pagpa-plucking ng guitar dahil sa tanong ni Troy.

"Yeah. It was really soothing and romantic."

"Right?" He enthusiastically beamed while tapping the beatbox which serves as his chair. "You know what, kids movie songs aren't supposed to make me feel like making out with the closest piece of furniture while listening to it."

Natawa naman ako dahil sa sinabi ni Troy.

It's Sunday noon and here I am in his dorm. He suddenly called me to come over here at alam na alam ko na hindi siya titigil sa pangungulit saakin pag hindi ko siya pinuntahan.

Kaya after I ate my lunch ay agad na pinuntahan ko siya sa dorm niya only wearing my usual attire which is my black fitted jeans and shirt na tinuck-in ko sa jeans ko.

"Give me the guitar for a second. Ay, teka, exchange nalang tayo."

We exchange our instruments.

I am on his beatbox and he was either plucking or strumming the string on his guitar. He played the song Fly Love na sinabayan ko naman. We also sang the lyrics at medyo mali-mali pa kasi hindi naman namin kabisado ang lyrics which we simply don't mind.

Hindi pa kami nakuntento and we also played the other Rio Movie Soundtracks like Let Me Take You To Rio and Telling The World.

"What's next?" I asked him after we finished playing Telling The World.

He didn't answer me but his fingers were doing magic on his guitar.

"Death Bed by Powfu?"

He simply nod at me kaya agad ko naman tinapik ang beatbox ko para sabayan ang tono niya. He was rapping with the tune of acoustic guitar and beatbox which is a funny thing to watch.

I've been praying for forgiveness
You've been praying for my health
When I leave this earth
Hoping you'll find someone else

We both sang to the song except for the rap part, only Troy knows the whole song which is I really don't mind. I don't really like this song. The message was just so sad kaya I never bother memorizing or saving it on my playlist.

Don't stay awake for too long
Don't go to bed
I'll make a cup of coffee for your head
I'll get you up and going out of bed

I really need this instrumental session with Troy right now after listening to that annoying NENENG B, SANA ALL and BAWAL LUMABAS song. I need cleansing to my ears and our music bonding just did a very good job to my soul.

He was still strumming his guitar when I suddenly asked him about Ate Sam. It creates a slow-motion strum on the guitar strings before he gave a low growl.

"Natatakot ako kay Ate Sam, e." Nakangiwing sabi niya saakin.

The fact that Ate Sam is 7 years older than me and she was 3 years older kina Troy, shows how we respect and treat her as our big sister.