Chapter two

The rush of air as my body gets tossed wakes me right up as I land face first onto wooden floors, I wince as pain runs throughout my body "Get yourself together, you have school tomorrow." I hear my fathers voice low and annoyed as a loud 'thud' drops near me.

Are we here? I lift my head off the ground feeling the new floors around me, I groan in pain sitting back up and look around. I don't even have a bed just a mattress near by with a single pillow on it, my eyes keep scanning the room and I see two more doors.

One must lead to a bathroom and the other to the closet, I don't take the time to explore though. I crawl to my mattress and knock out with fatigue.

"Get up!" I jump awake at those two words, my eyes flutter open to see my dad by the doorframe, I watch him swing a bag in the room letting it drop two feet away from me "Eat something." Another two pair of rare words I only hear once a week if I'm lucky, a pot of yogurt, a juice box and a sandwich is thrown in next.

I dive at the food hungry as hell and tear the sandwich packet open and take two greedy bites, he hasn't let me eat in a week so I really need this. I look up when I hear nasty chuckling, my dad shakes his head and leaves with disgust plastered on his face.

I swallow down hard and start to slow down a little, life has been hard ever since my brother left me on my own. I can't even remember the last time I gave someone a genuine smile. My inner bubbly self has been suppressed by my fathers aggressive bullying .

I quickly finish up not knowing if or when my father's going to come back to take the food away from me which wouldn't be the first, I take myself to one of the doors discovering it's a bathroom so I quickly shower with cold water because warm or hot would make my wounds sting.

I take the time to dress myself in a hoodie and jeans to cover up my bruises, I brush my shoulder length hair and then grab the backpack I was given. I don't dare leave my room in a mess dreading the thought of coming home to another beating. I go into the new kitchen loving the new update.

Everything is white and way more spacious then the previous apartment, we even have a microwave oven instead of a regular microwave "Stop starring at the the microwave and get in the car," my fathers voice makes me jump surprised, I take the lead leaving the house first.

He locks the house behind us and I wait for him to unlock the door before I get in the passenger seat, I put my bag between my legs and buckle my seat belt in. My dad does the same and starts the engine and backs up out the driveway.

"I'm so disappointed in you," he breaks the silence and I hang my head looking down at my chipped nails "what happened yesterday was all your fault, if you would just act right I wouldn't have to be so hard on you."

My fault? My fault!

I've learned to control my facial expressions as when I stopped talking my face would usually say it all which would get me in more trouble "Am I wrong?" I shake my head no "You provoked me right?" I nod, whenever he's around he's always right. Learned that the hard way.

"You shouldn't do that, now you have to go to school all sore." He pulls up inform of a high school and stops "Don't blow it kid." He tells me and I nod then un buckle my seatbelt and leave closing the door not too hard and not too soft, you never know what's next with him.

I put my bag on wincing as the pain radiates through my body and as soon as I push the doors open I follow the signs leading me to the front office. "Oh a new face!" The sudden shriek scares me and I turn to the receptionist "Did I scare you? Sorry sweetheart." She smiles and I return one "You must be Aviana Campbell," she says and I nod "he's your time table and locker combination." She hands me two sheets of paper.

"What bring you here love?" She asks and I shrug giving her a shy smile "Nerves?" She nods to me and I do the same "I get it, have a great day sugar." I smile too her as her soft words remind me of my mother and I leave. I look down at the folded papers and tuck hair behind my ear. 346? Upstairs right?

I look around look from some staircase and see a big sign above and move to it, I take the stairs going up and start wondering around for my locker. I follow the numbers as they grown from 200 and up. I observe around me noting that the halls aren't full so it must be early.

I sigh kinda relieved when I find my locker and open it, once unlocked I start to empty my bag. At least I have the essentials I need for school, my father loves to put up a front that everything is okay. He loves the title of a mourning window and a single father and expects me to keep his reputation up.

I don't even know how long I'm at my locker but the bell rings and I look down at my agenda to see what classroom my home room is, 123? Must be downstairs no? I close my locker taking my English things for next lesson too.