Chapter six

"Be gentle alpha she's hurt!" I hear Tamyne say behind us.

"She's fine." I look up at his two sudden words, why does he sound like that? His voice is full of authority but a hint of lust lingers in it "Take your girl home Xaz." I note how he pronounce his name Caz.

"Baby come on let's go." Is the last thing I hear before getting dragged into the brightly lit mansion, my eyes stick to the floor for two reasons. One, I don't want the leader to feel that I'm trying to challenge him or something so I keep my head down. Two, the lights are to bright for my eyes so it'll take time to adjust.

"Everyone's already asleep so you'll have to take my bed," he opens a bedroom door and finally lets go of me, I re gain my balance able to stand without his support "I'll take the couch." He moves away from me and I watch his back move away from me and onto to grey lounge couch. He sits down leaning back and letting his legs spread.

"You can sit down you know?" He tells me and I drop my gaze and back up until I feel warm sheets at the back of my thighs then I sit on the edge of the bed still technically standing, I let go of my rip cage and grip the side of the bed and lift my body so I actually sit. I hide my pain by clearing my throat.

I slowly move to take my shoes and backpack off letting them drop and then lift my gaze on a search for the time. "They told me that you don't speak," I turn back to him "like at all." His voice is like music to my ears, I don't know what to say so I just keep quite. "Do you sign?" He asks and I nod "But you're not deaf?" I shake my head no.

"Can you look at me?" His tone has gone a little softer so I obey gladly, I rise my head meeting his eyes. Just watching his eyes makes a rush of emotions surface and I can feel my eyes start to water again, I don't know what it is about him but I kinda feel safe and that scares me.

I can no longer keep the eye contact as my tears weigh my eyes down, I blink and wipe my tears that run down my cheeks. I want to go home. I sign to him without looking up to see if he got the message, truth is I don't want to go home, I want to get out of this unknown location. "What were you doing out so late?" He asks a I shrug.

I'm not about to spill my guts to a stranger, even if he's drop dead gorgeous. Home. I sign to him again "You can't go home, isn't that why you're running?" I look up at him not understanding how he could connect those dots with no information, I lie shaking my head.

Why am I here? I ask him. "To be honest I don't even know, my trusted beta just plopped you on my lap."

Beat? I mouth this time not knowing how to sign it. "You're a blank page, I forgot. Xaz and Mich are betas it's kinda like my most trusted men. Lucas is my gamma fourth in command and then you." Me? I point at myself frowning my eyebrows. "Do you know what's mate is?" I shake my head no "It's a soulmate but in wolf world."

My eye widen at his last words, wolf world? What the hell is be talking about? Wolves are animals and only the shape shifters are myths, this is reality and there's no such things as shape shifters in this life. I shake my head not believing a word he's saying, I haven't even been here for five minutes and I'm already being lied too.

"You're my mate." His words make my heart drop to my stomach, I get an urge to just go over to him and cry in his arms. Like I want to tell him everything that's been going on for the last four years ever since my brother died, I want to by my own will. All because of three words.

I hear sudden movement and I look up to see him standing my heart beats hard in my chest and I automatically back up in my seat, he's going to hurt me. He did grab my quite violently just to bring me here and now he's telling me I'm his soulmate? He's definitely trying to hurt me.

He struts his way to me in less then ten steps since he has quite long legs but for me it takes a little more effort to back up on the warm sheets, I push myself back passing the middle of the bed and he stops where I was. He notices my discomfort and takes two steps back, I shuffle off his bed letting my socks touch soft carpet.

"Do I scare you?" Yes. He scares the shit out of me, he's literally twice my size and to add that he's got buff muscles bulging through his black hoodie. My father isn't even this size and look how much damage he can do, this guy will in fact kill me. "Aviana, I'm not going to hurt you." I don't believe a word he says.

My fathers supposed to me a guardian angel to me but he's quite the devils worker, the only good guy I would trust is my brother and he's gone. I can't trust any men. "I didn't want to make you uncomfortable," he re traces his steps back to the couch "sit down." I take small steps around his bed going back to my first location and sit.