Chapter twenty-five

He takes his hand and cups a side of my face, his touch is something I can get used to. His thumb strokes my cheek gently as his body leans in towards me, I look up to him as he towers over me and his lips hover over mine. "You're not a bad person Aviana."

I nod trying to believe him but the nasty poison is already in my veins, my fathers voice rings in my ear telling me I'm not enough and no one would ever want me. It's like I'm stuck in the middle with Quade's trust tugging on one arm and my fathers lies tugging the other.

I don't even notice I've teared up until it drops out an eye and he wipes it away, I give him a sad smile sniffing and then feel his sudden lips on mine. His determination takes me back a little but I lean in kissing him back, the overwhelming wave of nerves come over me making me doubt I'm even doing it right.

I feel his hands around my waist and before I know it I'm straddling him, I tuck hair behind my ear letting the kiss deepen into something more. I don't know if it's because it's my first time kissing somebody or if it's because I'm doing it with Quade but, it's a worthy feeling.

My stomach rises as I feel his hands on my wait pulling me down directly onto his groin, I don't know if I'm hallucinating it but I feel something immensely large get stiff by the second underneath me but I don't question it. If that's what a dick feels like, then I'm it complaining.

He runs his hands through the back of my head grabbing a hand full then tugs it gently making my head jerk toward the sky, his kisses trail down my neck making my lean back to enjoy it more. His feathered lips feel so good against my skin putting my on cloud nine.

He takes full dominance even with me on top. So this is what it's like dating an alpha, you get full attention no matter what you're doing. He treats you like you centre of attention even know we both know he has a whole pack to run, I know I'm not used to this kind of treatment but I can definitely get used to it.

Something starts buzzing in my left thigh and his left pocket getting our attention, he lets go of my hair but his other arm warped around my waist doesn't loosen "You have got to be kidding me," he sighs reaching for his phone and he answers. "Is this important?"

I don't hear the response leaving me clueless and staring at him, my eyes drop to the sliver chain I didn't even notice before hanging around his neck under his black top. "She's not missing, she's with me." The thought of them think I ran away again come in mind making me smile.

"Okay," he nods then hangs up putting his phone back in his pocket. He pulls me in burying his head in the nook of my next, I try relaxing as his arms warm around me not wanting to let go. "We should get back," he says in a low hum and I start getting off him.

My heart starts to flutter just thinking about meeting his pack, what if they don't like me? What if they see what I see? A weak useless human? What if they neglect me? Would Quade let them?

The flutter starts to turn into a painful ache and I put my hand over my chest, I start to feel my heart beating through my chest and I look over to Quade with concern written all over my face. "Aviana?" My name sounds all of a sudden unknown coming out of his mouth.

My eyes roll behind to my brain as I feel my whole body shut down, I'm not longer in control but I start to feel the excruciating stomach pains like I once did when I poisoned my father and I. My body shakes and trembles violent and uncontrollably.

"Aviana?!" My name rolls off his tongue almost in slow motion, I don't even know if it's Quade saying my name anymore. I wish I could leave my body, just to see what's happening. I hate the fact that the only thing that's working right now is the small voice in my head.

The small voice that's kept me company for so long I imagine that's what I sound like when speaking, the small voice that got me to believe that maybe I actually do deserve this. Maybe Quade is right for me, maybe for once things will start to go my way.

I know for a fact I'm not dead, but my body isn't responding either.

{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}•{•}

The sound of my heart beat being monitored wakes me up, my eyes pick up on the beaming light before I actually open them making me shadow my eyes with my hand when I finally do. I squint them before opening them to eight beaming eyes starring down at me.

"Project 098662 is a success." One of the doctors says and I look at her, her hair is in a tight low ponytail making me recognize her. That's the girl that cleaned Quades blood off of me when he leaped off the roof to save me. I grimace a little confused.

I go to sign only to see countless tubes coming out of me, what the hell is going on? I look down devastated then start swerving my head around looking for Quade "Where's Quade?" I whisper surprised to even hear my own voice.

I warp my hands around my throat surprised I can talk now. "It's okay Aviana, you've made it so far. You're the only one that's made it this far."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I stare at the doctor I recognize so well.

"You were diagnosed with schizophrenia when you were only seven years old, after years of psychiatrical help they finally delivered you to us. We are no one but you, you and your mind have created something amazing."

I take a moment to look around at each doctors face but don't recognize either, only one. My eyes look between the crack of each doctor, I see other teenagers starring at their ceilings. None more or speak all having one thing in common, tubes. Different coloured liquids going in each body.

My eyes land on a familiar blonde who's stuck in a wild trance. Tamyne?! You're telling me I was stuck in a illusion with her too? She wasn't part of this? Does this mean she's schizophrenic too? I'm so confused!

I look down at my hands to see my liquids are blue, so blue even my skin is starting to change to that exact colour. "Plug her back in, reset and intensify. We're finally moving on, start level twenty-six."

"No! Wait—" before I even get to ask any more questions my mind goes blank, my body goes limp and all that's left is the tiny little voice. That's all I have left.

Before I can even start to think about the little information I was given my mind starts to play back, every kiss and everywhere Quade touched me plays backwards with everything going into an unclear haze before—

I race off in the direction of the stairs but my hair gets yanked back by force making me stumble backwards "Where do you think you're going?!" My father roars grabbing a handful of my hair and pulls me up leaving me no choice but to go up with him. "So you think is funny huh?" He practically throws me back into the kitchen.