Chapter eleven

There's just something about the way he looks at me that makes me want to fall into submission, I try ignore the feeling shoving it deep into my subconscious but sometimes I can't help it. I really like your voice, he makes me smile once again and your smile.

Can you not? I make him chuckle out loud.

I think your lips are really pretty, he continues and your hair looks great short.

So you're just going to sit here and compliment me? I ask him no longer able to hide how flush my cheeks must be right now.

I have a feeling you don't know this. His eyes stick on mine making my stomach feel uneasy, I mean he isn't wrong. I had no idea I could even attract anyone, my father also told me I was worthless and it got so bad to the point I actually believe him. I feel my heart go a little heavy at the thought of my father.

I brake eye contact and back up again, I can't let myself feel anything for Quade. Not when my dad is still here, if he finds out we'll move and I'll never see Quade ever again. My father will make sure of that. "Did I say something wrong?" He asks and I shake my head gluing my eyes to the ground, I hear a heavy sigh come out of him as we fall back into silence.

I have to go through with my draft of a plan and it needs to happen tonight. There's no way I'm sticking around any longer to find out what my father is really capable of, every time I think it can't get any worse he just never fails to surprise me. It's exhausting always being a target in your own home, I take any of it anymore.

"Why do you always look anxious?" I turn to Quade's question, what do you mean by that? I sign to him and he takes a second before answering me "You always have this look," he doesn't elaborate confusing me even more, what look? I pry and he sits up form his recent leaning on his elbows position.

"You look like you're on the edge of survival." He points out and my eyes dart around us, the edge of survival? What does he mean by that? I shrug trying to show him that it doesn't faze me but at this point I can't even convince myself that I'm alright. I'm not going to sit here and try to convince him I'm okay, I know the truth, doesn't mean he has too.

I don't understand you, I sign to him and watch his head tilt "What are you trying to understand?" He questions making me feel bad for what I'm about to do, I don't know what you want but it's not me. I don't want this, I don't want you making an effort or trying. Can you just leave me alone? I'm not yours. My last words make his face drop.

His eyes stick on my making me uncomfortably nervous, what did I just do? His face goes stone cold and I watch his eyes flicker form blue to black scaring me, my natural instinct is to back up and he notices. "You better figure your shit out," I pick on the two common emotions I'm always around, vexation and displeasure. "You might not know me, but know that you're mine."

He stands and leaves.

He leaves me blinking hella confused, did he just- okay sir. I mean when he puts it that way I'm all in, I can't help but smile to myself.

The dreadful wait for the last bell to ring finally comes and I make my way to the front of the school finding my fathers car there, I make my way to it keep my head down. I let myself in then hear the door lock as I buckle myself. "Good day?" He asks starting his engine and I just shrug softly.

"What do you want for dinner?" I turn to him kinda confused, what did he just ask? The question still doesn't make sense to me so I shrug it off, since when does he ask me what I want to eat? He doesn't even let me eat. "You know what? Let's make dinner together, how does that sound?" He looks over at me.

Scary, but I nod confirming. What the hell is happening?

We finally pull into our drive way and I get out following my dad into the house then into the kitchen, "Wash your hands," he tells me and I obey not wanting to piss him off, I fold my sleeve up then wash my hands not too fast but not to slowly. I don't want him to think I'm wasting water then ruin whatever this is.

I move towards the stove where a kitchen towel is hanging and go to dry my hands, I turn still trying to adapt to the whole 'cook with me' idea my father suddenly has. I turn seeing him grab a sack of potatoes and pour them out. "Here you do the potato's and I'll start on the gravy," he pours half the packet in the skin.

I go to wash them and start to peal the skin off, I don't even look over at what he's doing I just keep to myself. Something is going on, I don't know what it is but it's happening. Why else would he want to stand in a room with me willing if it's not to beat me?