Chapter twenty-four

I don't get why he brought me here until I see the beautiful field of flowers. My jaw drops as we keep getting closer to the colourful scenery, I end up taking to lead over joyed by the beautiful sight I'm seeing. My jaw is still open as I turn hearing Quade chuckle.

"Beautiful right?" He asks and I nod, oh my gosh! I can't believe I'm here right now! I keep moving letting the smell of different scented flowers fill my nose, I've never been in a place like this. I'd admit, I've seen it form a far but never like this.

I take myself to the centre before sitting down and start picking the flowers around me, I decide to start with rosiest flowers I see and start connecting them. Quade moves to and sits down opposite me, even if I try not to I look up catching his gaze.

He reaches over to me making me flinch a little but he doesn't stop, he gently cups a side of my face making me feel like I'm on cloud nine. His touch sends waves of electricity through my face making my go into a small daze as I get lost in his ocean eyes.

For once I don't feel threatened by his presence, if anything I feel a strong sense of belonging when he's around. Also a strange feeling. I've never felt welcomed, not even in my own home. I drop my eyes from him fearing I might start tearing up, his hand moves as he tucks hair behind my ear then collects himself.

I go back to the flowers in hand making a flower crown, "Do you know how werewolf healing works?" I look up at his sudden question, I shake my head no not wanting to look up at him yet "Well we heal extremely fast so falling off a roof is like a splinter to us."

Well thanks a lot Quade cause now I look hella stupid for thinking you were dead, But you were unconscious? It sounds more like a question then a statement. "Was I?" Now I look up at him what do you mean were you? So you let me drag your body thinking you were dead? I raise my eyebrow.

Asshole, I shove him making him chuckle.

"I didn't mean to scare you." He looks down then back up at me, I shake my head finally finishing the crown then shuffle to him. I kneel before him just about reaching his higher then put it on, he bows his head a little as I adjust it. There we go. I move back a little and his eyes find mine.

I lick my lips unintentionally while looking at his and drop my gaze immediately, I feel myself get red by the second as I keep my eyes glued to the vibrant flowers. "What do you think about being home schooled?" He asks me as I play with the flowers in hand before I start making another flower crown.

I'm not sure. I tell him.

"Well I'm going to graduate this year and I'd like it if my Luna would be close by as I start to legacy as alpha." His voice grows softer as I just about finish doing my flower crown "With that being said, would you want to go to prom with me?"

Me? I point at myself wildly confused to why he's asking.

"Yes?" He questions himself "Why does that surprise you?"

I want to say it's because of my father but even I don't know the answer to that, to be honest I've never experienced any school activity because I was always forbidden too. I was never let out and never aloud any friends, so him asking me is some what a little unbelievable.

I look up at him a little upset but I try my all not to show it "So no?"

No! Yes! I mean yeah, I nod sounding indecisive. "Okay then," he nods moving closer to me, he takes the flower crown from my hands and puts it in my head. I bow my head a little as he adjusts it then I feel his finger under my chin as he lifts my head to meet his gaze.

I drown in his eyes getting lost in our starring contest. Even in the short amount of time we've shared I feel a connection, I don't know if I should call it that but something definitely draws me to him.

The unwanted devastation comes creeping back taking me down memory lane, I see myself messing up, again. I see the disappointment painted all over his face as he has no choice but to put up with me, I can even imagine him getting tired of my body and leaving me for another girl.

Since he is the alpha no one will question him for having a mistress, and what the hell am I supposed to do? I can't stand in his way. "You mean the world to me," his sudden words bring me back to reality "my world literally evolves around you."

I hear what he says but my heart isn't at peace with the thought of being a burden, I feel like I'm going to disappoint you and imma just keep fucking up. his eyes scan mine as I watch the wind brush his hair slightly. His face is unreadable so I try pick at something else, his lips are apart and pink as ever. The flower crown adds colour to his dark hair.

"Nothing you do will ever aggravate me enough to make me lay a hand on you, ever."