Chapter twenty-one

Outside goes silent before I hear his low mumble by the door "I didn't mean to say it like that," his voice is pleading only confusing me even more, wasn't he just angry with me? A frustrated "Fuck!" echoes on the outside followed by something smashing making matters worse.

I move away going on all fours before standing and racing off to the other side of the bathroom, I find a tub and get in. I get into a fetus position and close my eyes shutting the rest of the world out. I only seem to make matters worse, everything is always my fault.

Now that I see it my father was right, no body would even want me. I'm worthless and not important. I don't deserve what this place is offering, I can't be the queen they all want, I can barely be myself. I don't know what it's like for be shower in riches and love and quite frankly I have no idea if I'm ready to receive it all.

The sudden opening of a door knocks me out my trance and I look up to see Quade in another doorway, I didn't even notice that there was two doors in this bathroom. My first panicked thought is to run so that's what I do, I dash for the locked door with the sound of Quade's feet catching up to me. "Aviana I didn't mean to upset you." He says behind me as I unlock the door and shut it on my way back to the bedroom.

I hold the door realizing that it doesn't lock form the outside, I feel a tug on his side making me hold on tighter. I feel less tension the more I hold on and then I realize he's probably not even there, my head swivels to the bedroom door and I leap over the bed and shut the door locking it. If he was on his way he would have to go back once he realized I'm no longer by the bathroom door.

I glance down my mind running blank out of ideas and I spot white feminine shoes that look like converses, I don't even think twice and put them on. I don't waste anytime on tying the lace and just go for my number one plan since I woke up here, the window. I don't even know how long I have left before he comes through the bathroom door so I kept my fast paste up.

I don't have to struggle like the first time I ran from here and easily open the window looking down to a roof, we must be quite high for there to be a roof. I climb out hearing a door opening behind me. I don't know what happens to my second leg but the effect make me tumble out roughly and I find myself sliding off the slanted slope.

I see a figure by the window I was trying to escape form and that's when I hear it, a panicked but weak "Quade!" escapes my lips as I finally stop tumbling and I'm in the air ready to plummet and stain the ground. I close my eyes hard not wanting to be crying for my last moments.

The wind whistle in my ear blocking out the outside worlds sound, the last thing I'll remember is being able to be free before I die. Even if I was just falling.

Or so I thought. I feel a violent tug almost ripping my whole arm off as someone grabs me and pulls me to them, I feel a familiar hard chest before I land on him breaking my fall. I almost bounce off him but he warps his arm around me to stop me form any risk of rolling into my death. The arms that are wrapped around me protectively still don't break.

I open my eyes look up at the roof I almost died from, it'll take about twenty of me to reach the roof. I lift myself a little looking down at an unconscious Quade, why'd he jump after me? Is he that desperate to keep me alive and around him?

I move my hand cupping one side of his face before shaking his head, Quade? I try communicating telepathically, I didn't kill him did I? Quade?! My voice is a little more panicked as the overwhelming fear of me taking two lives washes over me. I can't lose him!

I get out his grip and start to drag him gripping on his shoulders, his weight is over powering making me move at a slow paste. I grunt as I keep dragging him to what I think is the entrance of the house, the few steps are my only downfall and I have to make sure I don't bang his head. At that I pick his head up to feel a wet greasy substance on my hands.

My hands slowly come out form under his head and I see red, my hands shake as tears start to flood in my eyes. No-no-no-no! Quade!! I try again this time desperate for a response, I start to sob and gently place his head down on the grass. I move to his pockets relieved when I find his phone.

The phone shakes in my hand as I realized I don't even know how to use a phone this advanced, it's basically a whole iPad at this rate. I look for a way to open it and start gliding my fingers around the whole phone until I finally meet to power on button.

His phone lights up and I see it doesn't have a finger print thing making me cry a little harder, I don't know how to open a fucking phone!