Part 17

[the day after Harrys little freakout]

Nialls POV

  We were all still cuddled up in bed fast asleep with my three mates arms around me. Wait a second. I open my eyes scanning the bed for Harry, but all I see are the other three. 'Not again' think to myself as I start to wake the others up. "What is it Harry? Do you need help getting out of bed to go to the bathroom?" Liam says groggily as the three of them stir awake, 'He's not here.' I tell them calmly watching as they become fully awake in a matter of seconds. "What do you mean?" Zayn's quick to ask, 'I woke up and he wasn't here or in the bathroom.' I tell them. "We should go look around the house before we head to his get away." Liam says pulling on some pj pants. We get up and make our way down stairs, when we were going down the stairs we could hear someone padding around in the living room. Our nerves instantly vanish as we make our way towards him picking up a bit of his conversation he's having on the phone. "Yes mom I know, I know. How about you three come over for dinner tonight? I haven't seen you, Gems, or Robin for about two weeks." he paused getting a response from Anne "Mom of course the boys won't mind and if they do they'll have to deal with an angry/depressed/hormonal/pregnant mate." he states getting a laugh from the other side and response "Great! I'll see you guys at six.... I love you too mom. Bye." he says and hangs up the phone. He turns toward the door way we're hiding behind and says in a kind tone "I know you four are there. You had your warning so please be on your best behavior." he comes through the doorway seeing us all sitting in a line. "okay, we'll behave." Louis says looking down at his feet. "Good, now who wants breakfast?" he says with a smile and I shot my hand up with the other slowly following. 

     As the day passed on Harry kept himself busy with cleaning the house and making sure everything looks presentable. We tried our best to help him but kept getting shoo'd away because we weren't meeting his standards of cleanliness. So instead we made ourselves useful by heading over to pick up the paint Harry mentioned last night he wanted for the nursery and start to paint it. We don't want to go baby shopping without Harry because we know that would just make him upset, but he cant paint the walls. So this will be a pleasant surprise for him. He wanted three of the walls to be soft grey but for the fourth he wanted it to be an accented wall but wasn't sure what it would look like. We decided to get some white paint and leave the rest up to Zayn, knowing he would take care of it. As we sneak our way back into the house with the cans of paint and paint brushes we heard an exaggerated sigh come from Harry in the kitchen. "Here give me the stuff you go see whats wrong." Zayn says as we hand over the stuff, he quietly makes his way to the room that the nursery will be. Me, Liam and Louis all make our way to the kitchen to see Harry standing in the middle of it with an apron over his bump and hair in a messy bun with his wand sticking out of it. "Whats wrong love?" Liam asks gently not wanting to set Harry off in a hormonal rampage, "I can't find my wand and I need an ingredient that is just out of my reach, thanks to these munchkins." he says rubbing the underside of his belly as a case of pregnancy brain takes over while he searches for his wand. Not wanting to embarrass him with telling him its in his bun we offer our services. "Don't worry love I'll get it." I say running over towards the counter and jumping on it. Even with us being alphas Harrys still taller than us so if he cant reach it, we cant without the use of a stool or something. Standing on the counter I turn around to see Louis spotting me and Liam right behind him incase we both go down. 'What is it that you need, babe?' I ask with a smile, "Just the bag of cranberries." he says with a worried look in his eye as if I were about to fall. 'Coming right up!' I say grabbing the bag of cranberries and falling into my awaiting mates arms. As I sit in there arms for a moment a whisper to them "Go help Zayn, I'll distract Harry", I jump out and hand the bag over to Harry giving him a kiss as well. As Liam and Louis make there way out of the kitchen I make a quick move in order to cover up their escape. 'So what're you making for dinner love?' I ask standing directly in front of him, "Stuffed butternut squash with quinoa, cranberries, kale and other veggies for myself, Gemma and my mom. For you four and Robin I'm making chicken with some autumn veggies. Then I'll be making a fall harvest salad and for dessert pumpkin pie cheesecake squares" he tells me as he starts to make his way around the kitchen gathering all of his ingredients to make those yummy creations. 'Goddess I love you!' I state giving him a huge kiss on the lips followed by four little pecks on his tummy causing him to giggle, 'Now, what can I do to help?' I ask knowing he's going to turn down my offer. "Absolutely nothing, when it comes to cooking but if you wouldn't mind staying in here to keep me company I would like that." he says with a blush looking down at his bump. 'I would love to' I say taking a seat at the island.