Chapter 5

Daniel's smile was huge as he grinned back at me.He leaned down and swept me into a hug, twirling us around before returning my feet to the ground.His face was inches away from my own and I could feel his breath against my lips.

His gaze lowered till he was staring at my lips, before I drew another breath his lips were gently pressed to my own.

Surprise flooded me.Here in faerie we did not share hugs or touch each other outside of marriage pairings...and never kissing.My lack of response must've told him something as he leaned back, his cheeks flushing pink.

"Sorry, Naztazia, I shouldn't have done that", his hands slid from my shoulders.My thoughts were confused as I watched his cheeks darken, his eyes dropping from mine.

"Why do you humans do that?" I asked.

His eyes slowed lifted to mine, the question clear.

"Kiss?" he stuttered the word."We do it for a lot of reasons, to show we are happy,to show caring, because we like someone or it feels nice", his cheeks hadn't stopped redding.

"Why did you do it then?", I wasn't sure what was making me ask these questions but I knew I needed this answer.

Daniel's gaze dropped to the ground, I reached for his hand and twined my fingers back with his."Daniel? Please?"

He looked at me and ran his fingers down my face, "I really like you, Naztazia.I know we are different, but I care about you a lot and I was so happy I didn't stop myself as I should have".

"So, you wanted to?Because you like me?"

"Yes", his voice was lower then before, "I do"

I smiled till I felt my face strain, his eyes lit up."Can you do it again? We don't kiss here in faerie, I'd like to try again"

He was shining with happiness as my words sank in.His hand sliding to the back of my neck to bring me close again.His lips gentle as they found mine once more.Softly and gently he pressed his lips along my own.Warmth shuddered through me.It was a nice feeling, he was right.I smiled as I pulled back.Longing to repeat the caress filled me as I watched his eyes open.

"DO NOT MOVE" A loud authoritative voice announced.I glanced around to find the area had filled with the captain's guard.

"I am Naztazia of the Wise Council.I have been trapped in the human world and just returned."

"Don't speak, just come with us."

I slowly turned fully around.A tall man in a full suit of amour of the guard stood before me.About 15 other men dressed the same, were behind him.Each held their hands on the heel of their swords.

"We will come quietly".I felt the need to re-assure them even though I'd been told not to speak.I pulled on Daniel's hand to get him to come too.

Silently the guards surround us and we began the walk.

It took awhile to reach where we were being led.My eyes widened as the castle of the High Lord rose above us.I knew this place, and I knew it well.My council meet here and were given quarters near by.Lord Ashlin and Lady Marigold were the leaders here.Nice easy going people, they had 3 children, 2 daughters and 1 son.Phobe and Sarlee were friends to me and we had grown up together.Their brother Dryden was to take his fathers place soon, with his betrothed by his side, as future High Lady.

Although I knew these people as friends and family I dreaded what was about to coming.The guards were sure to report everything they had seen, including the kiss.While the Lord and Lady were to be displeased I knew Dryden would be the worse part of this reunion.He wouldn't be pleased at all.

Because his betrothed was me.