𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢

╔═══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

╚═══════════════╝

"VICTORIA WOULD NEVER! SHE...SHE HELPED ME!", HARRY DENIED. hermione and ron just fumbled with their fingers and awkwardly shifted their body weight.

"harry...just accept it! she was never up to any good! remember the triwizard tournament? why was she the only that didn't pass out? and at the yule ball, didn't you say that she just disappeared after the champions dance? or the time that she had just randomly given up the slytherin quidditch captain position because she claimed that she wasn't 'feeling well'?!", hermione stated.

harry thought back to all the times that the girl was kind to him and had helped him, especially with the horcruxes.

it had suddenly made sense why she knew about bellatrix's vault, and why her use of dark magic was so strong.

"it's okay harry", hermione comforted, seeming to have sensed her friend's realization. "we're still here aren't we?"

"indeed", harry meekly answered.

"so how many horcruxes do we still need to find?", ron asked.

"one more. ravenclaw's diadem is what professor...professor dumbledore had said", harry squeaked out, clearly still not over the man's death.

"and nagini, voldemort's pet snake. but professor advised finding all the items first", harry explained.

     "got any idea where it might be?", ron asked, to which harry just nodded.

     "not exactly, but I suppose we ought to start at the castle. after all, this is the only place we haven't searched that's related to him", harry mumbled, to which the two just hummed in agreement.

     "we must tread carefully then", hermione warned. "I heard snape's the new headmaster".

     "snape?! why not mcgonagall??", harry asked, baffled.

     "blimey harry! you're so behind", ron teased, though suddenly turning serious. "he's apparently working under him too", the boy whispered, making harry furrow his brows.

     it seemed that everyone around them were spies, making the boy have major trust issues.

     "it doesn't matter though! because as long as you have us by your sides, there's nothing we can't conquer", ron grinned, slinging his arm around the boy's shoulder.