Nightless City

Wen Qing and her younger brother, Wen Ning along with the rest of the Wen Clan whom was saved by Wei Wuxian was about to receive punishment on behalf of him. Accepting their fate, they all staggered over to Lanling. Once they were there, everyone insisted on dying first to which the two siblings refused. It was too late now that the guards pushed them first one by one, all of them getting hanged.

It was almost only the pair of siblings left. Wen Qing didn't want to watch her little brother die first so she insisted going before him. She was being compliant on being pushed until she heard that they were going to keep Wen Ning chained up to use him as a weapon.

She couldn't let her brother be controlled by them that she used her magic to escape from her feeble rope and warned her little brother to leave. It startled Wen Ning and they were about to kill her before Wen Ning suddenly attacked them. Wen Qing was grateful that Wen Ning saved her until she suddenly hear a flute. Looking at her brother now, she realized he was not her little brother and in fact, he was being controlled. 

Wen Qing didn't have any other choice but to use her own flute and tried to overpower the other person who was using the same technique. That person was definitely a beginner based on their skills. They backed off, leaving Wen Qing with a dazed Wen Ning and multiple unconscious Jin Clan disciples. She couldn't just kill herself now knowing her little brother would have to die with her by her hands. That or having to be manipulated by anyone.

She decided to help Wei Wuxian once again. She made sure the disciples of Jin Clan would lay unconscious for longer while waiting till her brother to be more awake and in control of himself. Wen Ning gained a bit of his sense. She told Wen Ning to grab the ashes of their clan and go into hiding for a while at their old clan's hometown, Dafan Mountain. Wen Ning hesitated before Wen Qing promised she would be safe. Knowing her younger brother is safe from immediate danger, she hurried back to the Burial Mounds but she couldn't find her friend, Wei Wuxian anymore.

She didn't know that Wei Wuxian already saw the death of the Wen Clan, the death of his family. She found Ah Yuan instead and instructed him to stay there until he knew he would be safe with someone he trusted. She reassured him again just like before they left and made sure he had all the food and water needed before heading to Nightless City where she knew they would be celebrating their victory over the Wen Clan. 

<DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT>