Chapter 24: Hero

The cavalry battle, a multi-player cooperation game where they will be betting on the fate of the whole team, the entire arena has a total of 12 teams, but only the top four teams can make it to to the finals. The higher the ranking in the first round, the more points the player has.

Kiyotaka Ayanokoji turned away, compared to the majority of the teams. He was the only one who was alone in one team and only had a few dozen points in his hand. So there was no need to grab his points.

This also caused the second ridiculous scene in this game.

Almost everyone was charging towards the current No. 1 Izuku Midoriya and his team, they all ignored Kiyotaka Ayanokoji. People watching the game could even see Kiyotaka Ayanokoji standing on the edge leisurely watching the game.

"It's going way too leisurely for him!" Present Mic commented, "This is a completely new situation. Because he is only one person, he can escape and dodge others easily and his points aren't even worth looking at when compared to other teams. Which caused Kiyotaka Ayanokoji to just look like a bystander watching the show."

"No, it's not just that." Shota Aizawa calmly looked at the young man who looked like he was outside the game. "The distance between him and those teams is always a proper distance, not too far, but also not too close."

Present Mic nodded, "Does he perhaps plan to attack?"

"I think he just wants to ensure that his points are not taken." Shota Aizawa yawned, his eyes were a little dry, "Few people in the game will choose to fight solo, because it is better to cooperate with others if you want to get more points. Although being a single-player is flexible, his attack and defense powers are insufficient."

"Yes, in this case, he will be eliminated even if he keeps his points." Present Mic nodded.

Yes, Kiyotaka Ayanokoji chose to be alone in order to be eliminated. He will not be disturbed or bear any responsibility, instead, he will be eliminated alone.

Who could say that Kiyotaka Ayanokoji lost? He was not robbed of points by anyone during the whole process. He knew the positions of other people and stayed away from everyone. Who could accuse him of not grabbing any points? He was alone, competing with other four-man teams, it was only natural that he could not get any points.

Shota Aizawa suddenly understood what Principal Nezu had said. Kiyotaka Ayanokoji had his own concept of winning and losing that belonged to him.

He can put himself in a fairly ordinary situation, that would not be considered a loss at all. It was the same in the last game, he happened to be in 35th place, which shows that he hasn't gone all out.

"That little jerk..."

"Huh? What did you say Eraser Head?" Present Mic turned off the microphone and looked at Shota Aizawa as if he was gossiping. "Come on, tell me, don't talk to yourself, don't you think it's interesting for people to discuss topics together?"

"I don't think so at all." Shota Aizawa rejected Present Mic's temptation blankly.

Present Mic sighed, "Eraser head, you are so boring."

"If I turn into someone like you when I become interesting, I would rather be boring."

Present Mic: ...

"But your attitude just shows that there is something not right with this young man." Present Mic said, "Is this young man is hiding his strength? Although he is quirkless? Why would he do that? Eraser Head, are you concerned about him because you want to recruit him to enter the hero department?"

"No." Shota Aizawa yawned again. "I won't accept him as a hero. He has no potential to become a hero."

Present Mic shook his head, "I really don't understand what you're thinking, but since I can see it, other people should also be able to see through this teenager's disguise."