Chapter 29: Quirkless Hero

The two-day vacation flew past quickly, UA High School had compiled the list of invitations for internships. Kiyotaka Ayanokoji walked into the general department with his schoolbag. As soon as he walked into the classroom, Kiyotaka Ayanokoji paused for a moment, the whole class was watching him the moment he entered.

Somewhat confused, he walked to his seat, Kiyotaka Ayanokoji looked at the only one who had been sitting there and was not looking at him.

Kiyotaka Ayanokoji knocked on his table, "Hey, what's the matter?"

"What do you mean?" Hitoshi Shinso turned his head to look at Kiyotaka Ayanokoji. After a while, he finally reacted and said, "Oh? Don't you know?"

"Know what?"

Hitoshi Shinso smiled at him, this smile with his always gloomy face looked very dark, quite like a villain.

"About the list of invitations for internships from the sports festival."

Kiyotaka looked at him and narrowed his eyes slightly, those golden eyes of his looked like a calm lake with pebbles thrown in it. Although they were small, they still produced circles of ripples, making him look more alive for once.

"You mean..."

"That's right." Hitoshi Shinso nodded, "In the general department, only you, Kiyotaka Ayanokoji, received an invitation for an internship at a hero agency."

Was there something wrong with those hero agencies? Why would they not just invite students from the hero department but invite someone from the general department without a quirk?

Even if he didn't pay attention, he could hear the whispers of the people around. They talked in a low voice, thinking that nobody could hear them, glancing at the direction of Kiyotaka Ayanokoji from time to time, as if looking at a miracle. While they were all doing that, Kiyotaka Ayanokoji just took out his textbooks, his expression remaining the same.

Although these people really were annoying.

"Why would a hero agency invite a person without a quirk? Although he entered the second round, he was quickly brushed down."

"Even Shinso-kun who entered the finals didn't get an invitation..."

"Maybe it's because he has relatives who are famous heroes?"

Kiyotaka Ayanokoji was not very fond of this kind of not very positive attention. He raised his head and looked out the window, the branches and leaves of trees were growing, the air was getting hotter and more humid and the green color outside was getting more and more vibrant, summer wasn't far from arriving.

Withdrawing his gaze, Kiyotaka Ayanokoji glanced at Hitoshi Shinso who was next to him, "You didn't receive any invitations?"

"No, my quirk is not that strong and the flaws are obvious." Hitoshi Shinso spoke of his shortcomings without any hesitation, "Wait for me to train my physical skills and be promoted to the hero department. By that time, there will be invitations from hero agencies for me too."

Kiyotaka Ayanokoji nodded, "Seems like you know yourself pretty well."

Feeling speechless for a second, Hitoshi Shinso sighed, "If you were just a little bit more euphemistic, I believe more people would want to be friends with you."

"Huh? Really?" Kiyotaka Ayanokoji asked in a flat tone, giving him a very casual feeling, "Making friends is way too difficult. Till now I have not made any friends except for you, Shinso-kun."

Wouldn't that be your problem? Hitoshi Shinso silently complained in his heart.

He was saying that he wanted to make friends, but never did anything, not even a basic greeting. When someone wanted to approach him they would get scared off by his blank face, and he didn't want to change that at all. Such an attitude just showed that there was no desire to make friends for him at all, it seemed more like he was using this topic just to joke about it.