Chapter 10

Atlanta, Georgia
11/27/2016
2:26pm
Alya POV

I don't have school today or work so I figured I could pack and get everything together for the 7th. I'm honestly so excited to move I get a bigger closet,room and my own bathroom not to mention the bigger kitchen.

As I pack my clothes I hear my phone ringing on my bed. "Yello" I said without looking at the caller id "wassup Alya" Chris said "oh hey Chris" I said dryly I'm still a little thrown at his attitude on thanksgiving.

"Look I'm sorry for the way I acted on thanksgiving I just got a little jealous cuz I'm starting to really like you" he said genuinely 🚩 "Umm... It cool" I said " I was wondering if I could make it up to you by taking you to lunch and hanging out today" he ask

"Yea sure where you wanna go" I said taping up a box "Umm let's go to Applebee's and what's that noise?" He asked "Applebee's is Fine and I'm taping up boxes and what time you want go?" I said looking at my closet at my last 12 outfits.

"3 at the Applebee's by me" he said "cool see you then" I said hanging up and getting dress.

2:45pm
"Jas I'm finna head out to get food with Chris you want me to get you something to go" I asked peeking my head through her door seeing she's all packed up sitting on her bed folding clothes

" Umm call me when you almost done eating" she said looking up for a quick second. "Got you" I said walking out the door. "Dang it's colder today" I said getting in the car

2:58pm

I pulled up to Applebee's looking for Chris. I decided to call him.
Phone Conversation

Wassup
                        Where you at?
Imma be there in like 5 minutes get us a booth
                                  Kk
Conversation end

"Hey can I get a booth for 2" I asked the lady at the front.
"Sure right this way" she said walking as I followed her "your waiter with be right with you" she said as I sat down and she walk away.

As I wait I start think about my mom as I always do around the holidays. Even though I left half of me wished she would have at least looked for me. Or one day she would call I know it's been 3 years but she is still my mother.

And I wished I knew what jail my dad was at I have looked in 5 different counties for him. I haven't talked to him since I was 13 before everything went down hill. When my dad went to jail for the first 3 years we talked on the phone send letters but it once my mom moved on I guess she wanted me to move on too. And that's when she got emotionally, mentally and physically abusive. I think that's why I fought a lot in school I couldn't hit my mom so I took it out on anyone who came at me or Jas the wrong way.

"AYLA" Chris yelled at me knocking me out of my thoughts "dang why you yelling" I said I don't even notice he was sitting in front of me. " Bruh I called you 5 times you was in dream land or some shit" he laughed "I low key was but anyways wassup with you how's life and stuff" I said smiling other then thanksgiving Chris has give me a good vibe even if we was just on the phone it's light hearted and interesting.

"My life boring the only thing exciting is that I'm off today and I get to have lunch with you" he said showing his grills it something about them grills that make me wanna slide my panties off and throw them at him like I'm at a Trey Songz concert.

"Speaking of work what do you do" I said honestly curious "I work at Home Depot" he said "hi I'm your server Maddie can I start y'all off with a drink or appetizer" the waitress says "lemme get a sprite" I said "a sweet tea for me" Chris said

"Ok I'll be right back with those" she said walking away. "So you work at Home Depot do you get a discount I do need a screwdriver to put my bed together when I move" I said joking but honest

"I do get a discount you gotta come the days I'm at work though and when you moving" he asked " The 7th"I said getting excited again that we moving to our Dream condo when we went up there I half expected the condo to be gone but it wasn't it was remodeled a little but in a good way.

"You need any help" he said "Nah I don't think so Trey and Tyler helping but if I do I'll call you" I said "why you just ain't .." he started but was interrupted by the server "here y'all go are you ready to order or do you need more time" she asked "I think we ready" I said looking at Chris to confirm "yea" he said "ok lemme get the mini bacon cheeseburgers and a chicken fajita rollup" I said "I'll take The American Standard burger" Chris said closing his menu as we pass them to her

"Coming right up" she said taking the menus and walking away. "Anyway where you moving to" Chris asked " a condo in buck head" I said getting excited again that moving is definitely happening with my best friend.

"Ohh where the rich folks at" Chris laughed "Yep we worked hard for this" I said proudly.