Chapter-18

*Play in the car*

Atlanta, Georgia
02/10/2017
3:30pm
Alya POV

I walked to the shampoo bowl washing my client hair. Today I got out of class at 1:00 and I have clients until about 6. Mostly quick styles like laces, quick weave and silk press but I have one client that's getting tribal braids. I have 5 clients I did one at 1:30 and I'm on my second.

After washing her hair I had Kim dry it while I wash someone else's hair. I kinda double booked but the first one is a lace and the second is a quick weave. With Kim's help they both can be done quickly.

After washing her hair I get a text from Jas

Jas👯‍♀️
Jas- we going go karting at 8. You gone be off?

Me-Yea

Jas- BET

After texting I close my phone and began to dryer my clients hair "Kim braid her down too" I said for her to start on the other client.

5:30pm
After finishing my fourth client which was the tribal braids I'm on my last client which is a silk press. I had Kim wash her hair while I was finishing up the other client so all that's left is to flat iron it.

6:15pm

"Kim I'm take you home?" I asked packing up "yea" she said getting up. We said bye to everybody leaving and getting in the car "Kim you don't have anything to do this Friday" I said starting the car.

"I was gonna go to this party but my mom said she working real late" she said buckling her seat belt "when it start and end" I ask to see if I could help I know Kim barely go out and be social but she wants to. She's always talking about what had at this one party and she wished she'd went

"It start at 9:00 and end at 12" she said "you don't have a friend that could pick you up I'll get you from the party" I said "Umm I guess my friend Maya can" she said "well text your mom and if she say it's ok then cool, you wanna grab you something to eat before I drop you off." I asked getting hungry myself "My mom said that's fine and Maya said can you drop me off at her house and we can just grab McDonald's." She said turning to me smiling. I honestly wanted to go home to nap but I volunteered.

"Where she live at" I asked turning into McDonald's "two minutes away from my house" she said "you need to stop there?" I asked ordering the food in the drive thru. "Yea" she said

6:39pm

After dropping Kim off and going home I take a shower and hop in bed getting comfortable setting my alarm and going to sleep.

7:30pm

I woke up brushed my teeth and washed my face putting on my clothes I got out before I went to sleep I grabbed my phone and typed in the address Jas send me. I finished highlighting my hair the other day so I'm wearing it out

 I finished highlighting my hair the other day so I'm wearing it out

*Play song*

Getting in the car I drive to the place listening to Rihanna-needed me "I was good on my own that's the way it was" listening to Rihanna I get on the highway vibing in my seating.

I'm actually might be on time. Rihanna got my driving fast the place is only 10 minutes but the way I'm driving it might be 5. I look at the time to see it's 7:48 "yea imma be early dang" I don't know what it is but I don't like being early.

After about 5 minutes I was parked in front of the go kart place getting out. I walked in to see Tyler. I walked up to him "where Jas and Trey at" I asked looking around "Hey to you too Alya I'm doing fine and they not here yet." He said looking up at me from the bench he was sitting on. I sit next to him.

"Hi Tyler and the day I'm actually on time they late"
I said shaking my head "They fucking" he said laughing "you think so" I asked turning to him "I know so" he said as I join him laughing

After 30 minutes of us talking Jas and Trey come up to us "I'm not coming early no more cuz y'all don't cherish my time" I said getting up "girl shut up you wasn't gonna come early no more anyways you come early once every blue moon" Jas said as we walked to the front. "Ok and today happened to be that blue moon and y'all was late so no more blue moon for you" I said as we go and pay.

10:49pm
"Imma speed racer in real life I don't know y y'all thought y'all would beat me" I said walking to the door "but Tyler was close"

"Ok Alya we get it you just that good" Jas said hating "Girl don't hate cuz you came in last" I said laughing going to the my car "Yo Alya we all come to y'all condo so have the snacks out" Tyler yelled getting in his car.

After getting home we smoked and watched this weird movie. I looked at the time and it said 11:45pm and Kim texted me which was surprising that she texted this early. I went to my room washed my face put eye drops in and sprayed perfume walking back out to the living room.

"I'll be back I'm going to pick up Kim for a party" I said grabbing my keys "ok momma Lya" Tyler said as I stare at him "don't play" I said then walked out.

I drive the the address that Kim sent me. I got there quick it was basically around the corner. Kim got in the car with her hood on looking down. "What's wrong" I asked looking at her "Nothing" she said still looking down. "Kim" I said "NOTHIHG OK" she yelled. See..yea..no "Kimberly" I said in a calm voice. I pulled over to the side of the road "what happened" I said calmly turning to face her.

"She knew I liked him" she said with her voice cracking "who" I asked kinda knowing the answer "Maya she slept with my boyfriend of almost a year and what makes it worst when I walked in he said "you wasn't pretty enough and don't keep me excited" like what he said he'd wait for me. If I would've just give it up then he wouldn't have..." she is in full blown tears at this point so I hug her and rub her back.

I always told myself that if I was ever in this situation I'd never say what my mom did.
"Fuck them" I said seriously which made her get up and look at me and laughing "I have never heard you curse before you sound so weird" she laughed harder. "Because I usually don't but I need you to get the message you don't need her you got me and I know heartbreak is hard but at the end of the day boys come and go like season you gone find you right one you young we young we gotta live so like I said FUCK THEM" I said as she laughed and washed her tears

"Please don't say it again" she said laughing "you say it" I said "no" "say it say it" I feel like Jas "fuck them" she said in a low voice. "Louder" I said "fuck them" she said a lil higher "LIKE YOU MEAN IT KIMBERLY" I yelled "FUCK THEM" she yelled laughing "don't tell your mom" I said laughing and start driving again.