Chapter 22

Atlanta, Georgia
03/26/2017
12:00pm
Alya POV

"Do you think that's smart?" I asked Jas "yea I do plus that will make you getting the shop quick" Jas answer. We are talking about me taking my senior classes in the summer on online so I can graduate in December instead of may 2018. I have to pick now since this year is almost over.

"Ok I'll talk to the Dean tomorrow" I said "ok cool now that that's out the way go get dress so we can leave" she said. we are making a trip to Savannah where Jas auntie lives. She might be sick so Jas wanted to go down there to check on her. Jas mom died a month before we graduated and she took it hard but with her auntie and my help she graduated and continued her dream. So when her cousin called her about her aunt being in the hospital she was terrified.

I'm going for support plus Jas auntie was one of the only people that could convince my mom to let me go places so she's like my aunt too. Unfortunately I have school tomorrow and Jas have some errands to run for her online shop so we can't stay down there.

I go to my room put on my ripped jeans and a sweater and going out my room.

 "Ready" I asked Jas "yep let's go" Jas said going out the door as I grabbed the keys and followed her

3:28pm
"Jas" I said shaking her since she had fell asleep in the car."mhm" she said opening her eyes "we here" I said getting out the car. I see Jas get out the car as we walked into the hospital.

I walked to the front desk "hey we're here to see Leslie Porter" I said "I'm going there now you can follow me" a nurse said. We follow her until she stop at a door and opened it to reveal auntie laying on the bed watching cheaters.

"Here I was thinking you dying and you in here living your best life" I said laughing as she turn to us and smile.

"Oh look it's thing 1 and 2" she said referring to us. Her and Jas mom always called us that because we are inseparable. "Hey auntie" Jas said laughing

"What y'all here for" she said "we wondering the same about you" I said " been needing my blood pressure pills but I kept forgetting so here I am no big deal y'all know David extra as hell" she said. David is Jas cousin and he is very much extra before auntie moved to Savannah we used to go to school together. Once in first grade I fell and he was cried worst then me thinking I was about to died.

"And I told y'all last time y'all came don't come down here if y'all don't have bfs" she said eating what the nurse has brought in. "First of all you don't even have a boyfriend second how you know we don't have boyfriends" Jas said.

"Then why they not here" she said looking around the room trying to be funny. "I'll bring him when I come back" Jas said "And Lya" auntie said looking at me " mines still kinda fresh" I said

"Mhmmm well don't make me come down there." She said "yea Yea when you getting released" Jas asked
" 4:00" auntie answered.

"Oh well that's in 20 minutes so we gone take you to get something to eat then home Lya got school in the morning." Jas said getting comfortable "y'all always wanna spend time with me" auntie said rolling her eyes sitting back.

"Don't do too much" I said watching cheater "people be so stupid on here cuz you telling me he cheated on you with a men, a woman and a horse and you seen it with your own two eyes and you still take them back like why you wanna find out they a cheater if you gone take them back anyways" Jas said

"Girl hush enjoy the entertainment and be happy it's not you" auntie said laughing

A nurse come into the room with a clipboard. "Ok Ms. Porter sign here and your free to leave" she said walking to auntie handing her the clipboard and a pen. She signs the papers and give the clipboard back to the nurse. " OK then in about 30 minutes pick up your prescription from the Walgreens" The nurse said walking out the room.

" OK old lady let's get out of here" Jas said " girl boo don't nothing get old but clothes" Auntie said getting out of the bed. " and text David and tell him y'all taking me to eat" she said grabbing her purse as Jas text David.

" where are you want to eat Tee" I said getting up "Applebee's" she said walking to the door. " cool David said he's going to meet us there" Jas said looking up from her phone at us.

After finally leaving the hospital we get in the car with me driving and auntie in the passenger seat " I honestly don't feel safe with you driving Alya, you drive like you in a race car on the track" auntie said tighten her seatbelt.

"i'm honestly not that bad" I said laughing and pulling off. "Girl yes you are" Jas said for the back seat. I look at her in the mirror "Bet you're driving back home" I said " no I was just playing you're the best driver I know" Jas said laughing.

We soon pull up to Applebee's. "David already here Jas" I ask getting out the car. "Yea he said he was right around the corner" we walk in the Restaurant I spot David and we start walking towards him he look up and see me screamed and hugged me.

"My favorite cousin" David said "she's not even your cousin what about me" Jas voiced "don't worry Jas your my favorite blood cousin" He said. We sit down and start talking.

"So David any new guys in your life" Jas said "nope" he said short which meant yes but he don't wanna Jinx it.

6:00pm
After eating and talking about everything we were walking out the restaurant "I can drive my momma home so y'all can get back to Atlanta if y'all want" David said "ok well then see y'all later" Jas said hugging them.

"Bye Tee bye Dave" I said hugging them then walking to the car. After getting in the car Jas start talking "next time we come down here we gonna convince them to move to Atlanta." She said closing her eyes.