C H A P T E R T H R E E

The next day Sofia made her way into Astronomy class sitting at an empty table. She was one of the first students there so she sat quietly waiting for the others to arrive.

Soon Ms.Sinistra came walking into the classroom with her heels tapping on the ground causing Sofia to look back at her. The teacher gave her a slight smile before sitting at her desk while other students started pouring in.

Sofia continued sitting at a table alone as class started. The teacher began talking about the closest stars to earth and how many light years it would take to reach them. She was rudely interrupted by the classroom door opening and a familiar boy walking in while eating a green apple.

Sofia looked to see Draco Malfoy, the boy from yesterday. The whole class looked at him as Ms.Sinistra furrowed her eyebrows. "Late are we Mr.Malfoy? Don't give me a repeat of last year or I'll have a detention slip with your name on it"

Draco only nodded with a slight huff coming out of his mouth. He looked for a place to sit and began to see all of the seats taken. He looked to the far right corner to see a familiar face. The girl from yesterday. He didn't know her name nor want to but he strutted over to the seat beside her.

She looked back at her notebook not caring to make eye contact with him as the class started back. Throughout the class she kept looking at what he was doing making the assumption he was looking at her work. She turned her notebook and place her arm over the front.

The Gray eyed boy looked up at her with confusion written all over his face. "Think I'm taking a look at your work? Ridiculous." He laughed. "I don't know what you're talking about." Sofia lied then looking back down at her notebook not wanting him to think she thought he was cheating off of her.

"Strange girl," he mumbled to himself then taking a bite of his apple causing her head to shoot up. "Excuse me? I am not strange" she retaliated taking what he said as a straight insult. He lightly laughed and began to speak before being cut off. "Mr.Malfoy and Ms.Rose, what is so interesting that you are wasting my class just to talk?"

Sofia shot the boy a glare before answering, "nothing ma'am he just needed my help with something." Ms.Sinistra looked unconvinced but nonetheless went quiet and let it slide.

For the rest of class Sofia and Draco did their work in silence and Sofia didn't even glance at the boy in fear of getting in trouble.

As the bell rung Sofia rose from her chair and headed out of the class towards the black lake. There was a tree just near the water that she always sat under and read a book. Today she was reading a popular book in the muggle world known as Pride and Prejudice.

A very interesting book in her opinion but very unrealistic. With so many obstacles in their way it was practically impossible to love each other. They just weren't meant to be in Sofia's opinion, yet she had never experienced a feeling like they felt for one another so she was not one to say.

Love seemed fairly odd to her. To care for someone so much you swear to spend the rest of your life with them. Sofia wasn't interested in that idea.

As she flipped the page of the book. A dark skinned Slytherin walked up to her. "Sofia is it?" He asked. She put her book down and looked up at him, "yes, Blaise right?" She asked and he nodded. "I need a favor. I saw you take the last astronomy book in the Library yesterday and I need some notes for my project. If you don't mind could I use yours for just a few hours?"

Sofia smiled and got off of the ground picking her stack of books up with her, a few being notebooks for her classes, one being the pride and prejudice book she was currently reading, and lastly the astronomy book. She handed the book to him and he took it with a slight smile. "Thanks, I'll give it back to you tomorrow" Blaise said and soon walked away.

Sofia had planned to go to the Astronomy tower tonight and work on her project but tomorrow would just have to do.