Plan into Action

Olivia had spent the whole night with Julie, helping her prepare the song. She wasn't really that sure about the plan at first, but with Olivia's persuasive skills, she agreed to do it. The work felt so much sweeter because Julie told her they weren't going to move anymore. She thought she was dreaming at first, but she wasn't, and so she burst into tears.

     Anyways, after working until midnight, the girls managed to play through the song flawlessly. Olivia was sure it was going to work.

            __________________________

       Olivia closed the door to Julie's room, tip-toeing over to her room quietly so she didn't wake up Carlos, who's bedroom was only a couple feet away. She slipped in through the small sliver the door was open, and turned to close it as quietly as possible.

       She nodded as it clicked into place, and then she took a step back turning towards her bed. The room was engulfed in darkness, but there was still enough light to see a figure standing in the corner of her room.

      Olivia's eyes widened as she backed up towards her night stand, feeling around blindly for her pencil. She didn't exactly know what she was going to with it, but it didn't hurt to have it she guessed.

      She moved slowly towards the figure that was still facing away from her. Her head tilted to the side as she stepped over her comforter, getting closer. She didn't know what she was thinking but she moved her hand with pencil back behind her head.

       As she thrust her hand forward, the person turned with wide eyes. It was Luke!

      "Oh shit!" She cursed as she stumbled forward and through his airy body. Her body hit the wall lightly, which she thanked the heaven's above for. She didn't need Ray coming in here thinking she was body slamming her walls.

      Olivia sighed as she pushed herself up and turned back at Luke, who was standing awkwardly in front of her bed.

     "I nearly killed you." She said, not really thinking about what she said before she said it.

      Luke laughed, "I'm already dead, so." He shrugged, which made her shake her head at him.

     "You get what I mean." She grumbled, walking past him to her nightstand. She placed the pencil back on it before turning to look at him again.

      "What the hell are you doing in here?" She asked, crossing her arms. His silence gave her time to think about how she would have literally stabbed a person in the neck without at least seeing who it was first. She needed to stop watching horror and true crime.

      Luke rubbed the back of his head, not meeting her eyes. "Well?" Olivia pushed again, advancing towards him.

      "Earlier, when the boys and I were looking around. We looked into your room, but didn't go in." He said, finally looking at her again. Olivia shook her head, needing more than that to explain why he was loitering around her room at midnight. This was truly a ghost thing to do.

      "The boys didn't see it, but I saw the guitar earlier, under the bed." Luke went on, and Olivia tilted her head. He turned to face her completely, looking over in the direction he was standing when she nearly stabbed him. Her bass was propped in the corner on a stand.

      "I suppose I wanted to check out your stuff after seeing you play today. You're obviously into music, and guitars." Luke said, gesturing to the bass and then her six-string that was laying on her dresser.

      Olivia looked around her room, smiling at her instruments. "Yeah, I am." She said, hugging her arms as she looked back towards him. He was smiling at her, and she felt a small smile curl onto her lips.