Jack of all Trades

Olivia opened her eyes slowly, staring up at the dim ceiling. She was glad it was finally the weekend. She felt the tension of the week slipping away, and it felt good.

Her eyes shifted down as she sat up onto her elbows. The thing was, as much as she tried, she couldn't stop thinking about her parents. The last time she was there was when Julie's mom passed away. And even so, she barely saw them, and when she did, they were fighting with each other.

Olivia lifted her comforter off, and slid her legs to the cool wood floor. She tapped her phone screen, seeing the time was nine. Her brows raised, a little shocked that it wasn't earlier. Her room was still pretty dark for nine in the morning. It was probably just cloudy she presumed.

She got up, brushing her fingers through her hair as she opened her door, shutting it behind herself. Julie's door was still closed, and a wicked grin curled onto her face as she wandered over to it.

Olivia twisted the handle, busting through the door noisily and ran and jumped onto Julie. "Morning Sunshine!" She practically sang, and Julie let out a groan of pain and annoyance. Olivia laughed as she struggled under her, trying to push her off.

"It's too early for this." Julie grumbled, squinting at her as she sat up on her elbows. Olivia laughed as she rolled off Julie's legs and sat beside her.

"You've never been a morning person." Olivia laughed, and Julie cocked her head at her. "Um, you've never been a morning person either. This is shocking." She retorted, rubbing her eyes. Olivia tilted her head in agreement, remembering all the times Julie had to wake her up for school. It wasn't her fault she couldn't get up.

"Whatever. Can you believe we're part of Sunset Curve now?" Olivia laughed, pulling her knees up to her chest. Julie shook her head, sitting up straight. "Well the name is probably going to have to change. We don't need people looking it up and seeing all those headlines about them dying." She pointed out, and Olivia nodded, forgetting about that.

"I suppose we'll have to write our own songs." Julie said, glimpsing up at her dream box. Olivia nodded again, hugging her legs a little tighter. "I guess we should go to the studio then. The boys are probably dying to get started." She said, looking over at Julie. She smiled before she sighed. "This is crazy." She said, shaking her head as she got off her bed.

"Tell me about it." Olivia raised her brows as she jumped off, wandering towards the door.

___________________________

After eating and getting dressed, the girls made their way out to the studio. Olivia pulled open one of the garage doors, allowing Julie to go in before following behind. The boys were sitting on the couch- Luke and Reggie strumming their guitars quietly, and Alex tapping his sticks on the table.

They all looked up at the two as they walked in, and smiles spread on their faces. "Hey." Luke said, leaning forward and dropping his guitar to the floor. Julie smiled. "Hey." She replied. Olivia simply raised her brows as she flopped down on the chair adjacent to them.

"Now that we're an official band, what comes next?" Julie asked, rubbing her hands together. Luke jumped up, careful not to knock over his guitar. "We write killer songs that will blow the crowds away!" He grinned.

Olivia shook her head at him, laughing at his face. "Right." She grinned, and he shot her a look. "Well, Luke's a songwriter. He wrote all of the Sunset Curve songs." Reggie said, grinning as if bragging for him.

Olivia let her head fall into her palm as she shook her head at him. He grinned and nodded at her, making her smile. She really loved that guy.

"Julie writes too. Really well." Olivia bragged back, mocking Reggie. Alex noticed first, grinning at her.